Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Break


Can I just say how much I have LOVED having Jack home for a week?  Do I really have to send him back to Kindergarten tomorrow?

Although our week was all over the place {literally} and far from organized, we were together.  All three of my kiddos in one place {crazily wonderful} with a cup full of Daddy time and a dash of our extended family.  This was one delicious Spring Break.

I've decided we'll save the organized and planned Spring Break for next year, because this one was one was pretty much out of my hands.  So until then...

{Okay, so get ready for a very picture heavy post.  I suppose I could split this up, but seeing as how I don't really have the time-Jack's 6th birthday is this weekend!-this is what you get.}

So, after coming off of Easter weekend, we spent a beautiful Monday in town and at the Zoo.  Per Jack's request.  He is way into animals right now.  And even way more into knowing what country they are from.  Give him a world map and the ipad and he is a researching {as he likes to call it} fool.  I've got lists around my house to prove his new obsession.

Having said that, anywhere we go, Jack is our map man.  And believe you me, he is not going to let us miss a thing.



Grandma joined us for our Zoo day.  Have I mentioned how much we adore having her in town?  You'll never hear me complain about having an extra set of loving hands.




Apparently, everyone in this city thought the sunshine warranted a visit to the Zoo.  So we decided to forgo our traditional train and carousel ride and spend some extra time at the  Zoo playground.



We followed our Zoo day with a couple playdates for Jack and gym class for Maggie.  This girl does not like to miss gym.  And I know she would appreciate the fact that I posted a picture of her in her "shiny pink leotard".  I can't decide if she likes the actual class better or the attire.



Then it was Daddy's 40th something birthday.  {We do not miss a birthday at our house.}  We were heading out of town so this proved to be a bit of a challenge.  But, we pulled it off.  First with birthday cake and a very not home cooked meal {which I usually like to do}.  No one seemed to care.  It was all about the cake.



Then the kiddos covered Daddy's eyes with his work tie and led him outside to his present.  They were definitely digging this part.



Happy Birthday Daddy!  Let's just say my husband is slightly obsessed with sports.




Next we were off to Florida to see the Cibulas.  Grampa was especially happy to see us.

And I know I often say Lucy is easy.  But, I really mean it.  This little doll will let anyone hold her and she is as content as they come.  I just love the way she snuggled right into her Grampa's arms like they were an old pair of shoes.  Lovely Lu.



My little ones had great fun running around in Florida.  There was just enough chill in the air that we didn't hit the beach, but this fountain was a perfect replacement.

And I'm pretty sure this photo was taken right before Maggie starting gagging from Jack's choke hold.




While the bigs ran and ran and ran and ran some more, the littlest watched on in pure amazement.  One day Lucy...one day.



Every once in a while I had to drag those crazy kids inside for naps, food and such.  Jack kept himself entertained, while his sisters snoozed, with his new Lego birthday present from Grammy and Grampa.  No complaints from the Lego master himself.



And then they would be back outside again.  {This time no complaints from me}  Jack ate popsicles and cumquats off the tree, while...



...Maggie used the hot tub as her stage.  This is her rendition of The Little Mermaid.



And then lucky us, we came back to the cottage for a visit from GG {and Grandma}.  The kids were beside themselves to be doted on all over again by the Dumbacher side.





So that sums up our delicious and oh so unorganized Spring Break.  Gotta love a little sunshine and a lot of family.

Off to finish up last minute details to Jack's big day.  Is he really turning six?




No comments: