Monday, April 29, 2013

Something To Celebrate


We finally had something to celebrate around here.  {If you've been keeping us with our little family, you might know we've had a rough past 6 months.}  So I can't even begin to tell you my excitement when we were able to pack our suitcases to make some happy memories this time. {although I'm pretty tired of the whole "packing the suitcase thing"}

My dearest Jon graduated from the Engineering program at the University of North Florida.  This has been a long time coming, but never once did I doubt him.  He definitely got the number genes in the family.  Clearly, I missed out on that.

So five years later, we made the trek to Jacksonville, Florida to proudly cheer him on.  In true Cibula fashion {these days anyway} we missed our first flight down after GG thought her purse was stolen, then sat stand by for two flights before we finally were on our way.  As one of my dear friends said today, "God is surely testing your patience these days".  Have I passed yet God?  I'm really getting over all this.

Upon arrival, I immediately knew all we had endured was completely worth it.  A little trip to the beach and greetings from my always joyous Jon made it clear.  {Seriously, how is he always in such a good mood?}  After that my day was complete. I immediately hit the bed-that was a loooong one.

Next up was the big day.  The day Jon has been working his brilliant little tail off for and the day the entire Dumbacher side has been anxiously waiting for...GRADUATION!







So if I'm being completely honest, my kids didn't exactly love the graduation ceremony.  They were troopers though.  However, they did love the next part....the after Graduation Party!

The party was very low key {per Jon's request}.  All he asked for were friends, beer and the beach.  Easy enough.  We got a banquet room at our hotel that was directly on the Atlantic.  Food and drinks inside.  Fun on the beach outside.  Perfectly ideal.  {especially for a momma of beach loving kids}





And if you ask Jack and Mags about "Jon's graduation", this is most likely the part you will hear about...







Congratulations Jon!  We couldn't be more proud of you!  Now time for the real world...




3 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

We've been praying for ya'll with everything going on! I'm glad you had something to celebrate--
~Erica

The Fokens Family said...

We've been praying for ya'll with everything going on! I'm glad you had something to celebrate--
~Erica

Erin said...

so proud of Jon! Way to go!