Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Love Lucy: 8 Months





My lovely Lucy is 8 months old today.  I've asked her on repeated occasions to stop growing, but she just doesn't seem to be listening.  As a matter of fact, I feel that she has grown physically and in personality more this past month than any other.  It seems bitterly ironic that my last {and easiest} baby is growing up the fastest.

And although she is growing and changing everyday, not too much has changed in way of her eat, activity, sleep routine.  Only a few minor adjustments which I'm hoping to include somehow.  With that being said, I thought I would take this opportunity to approach her monthly post differently.

I'm hoping this will be a fun, make me smile {and maybe even you too} way to log my little Lu's eighth month of life.  And in case I forget to mention along the way...Lucy is seriously the most FABULOUS baby God ever created.  {Don't think I'm biased do you?...wink wink}




Loves being with the family above anything else 
Undeniably the most easy going baby that has ever lived at the Cibula house
Can hardly fit in 6-9 month jammies or size 2 diapers anymore
Is extremely curious and from what we can tell very intelligent
Loves waking Jack and Maggie up in the morning-the anticipation outside the door is precious
Leans way out of your arms to get as close as possible to wherever the action is
Everything goes straight to the mouth-her most favorite are Mommy's necklaces




Eating solids three times a day-we've moved veggies & fruit to lunch and added meat to dinner
Laughs when you peek your head over her crib to wake her in the a.m. or from naps
Insanely long eyelashes with beautiful grey blue eyes to go with them
Zzzzz's are a good 12-13 hours every night without a peep
Anyone can hold and snuggle our Lu-she is passed around like a football and smiles the whole time
Blue Hat, Green Hat book can get her giggling
Eats anything you put in front of her...baby food, a taste of turkey, strawberries, avocado...
Trying to drop that p.m. catnap, but not quit there yet
Has the loudest and happiest voice of anyone in the family




Cheerios are a favorite treat after breakfast-still working on making them to her mouth though
Is getting on all fours and rocking {with help}, but not crawling yet, but wiggles everywhere
Beautiful in pink and nearly every shade of blue
Up and down go her chunky little legs in her Jump-a-Roo...a definite favorite
Looks identical to Maggie's baby pictures minus the darker hair
An absolute perfect addition to our family. {Definitely the sunshine on our most recent cloudy days.}




I'm pretty sure I've said this on one or more occasion, but I seriously can't remember life before this littlest angel entered it and I can't imagine it without her.  Yes, I can't lie, I'm sure logistically it might be easier, but I've found over the past few months that that really doesn't matter.  It's the people who make life so wonderful.  And it's the memories you make with them.  Needless to say, I am very happy we added one more to our family.

Many years down the road I will have forgotten all about logistics, but I will never forget how this one little being so effortlessly completed our family.  And she has done it so beautifully.  Her squishy cheeks and gummy grin make carrying that big ol' diaper bag, packing another suitcase, and changing endless diapers so totally worth it.

My heart has been stolen again.  I adore you baby Lucy.  You certainly make three a charm!  Happy 8 months lovely Lu!  All my love...




1 comment:

Tanya said...

Beautiful post, Paula. She is so sweet.