While I've got one child preparing to get teeth, I've got one losing teeth. Sweetly ironic, isn't it?
The Tooth Fairy made her very first visit to the Cibula cottage Wednesday night!
Jack came home from school adorned with a blue plastic tooth necklace around his neck--complete with his first lost tooth inside.
And although, I was absolutely thrilled for my big kid, all I could think was, "oh no, I don't think the tooth fairy is prepared for this". You see apparently the tooth fairy has been bringing Jack's school friends gifts for their lost teeth. And apparently, Jack has been expecting the same. I know, because he has told me so on several occasions.
I was very concerned about how a little teeny tiny fairy could carry gifts E..V...E...R...Y time a tooth fell out. That would be 60 times among three children. Surely a little fairy can't do that? Don't you agree?
Luckily the tooth fairy remembered that she had a stash of gifts {really luckily since Daddy happened to be traveling Wednesday night}. And though our fairy will be bringing money from here on out, she decided the first lost tooth is indeed very special. And somehow she was able to use all her fairy strength to pull it off.
Jack went to bed with a giant smile and his tooth safely tucked in his special tooth pillow. He laid it on his nightstand and hoped for the best...a present for his tooth.
Our Tooth Fairy must have snuck in sometime around 10:00, I think I saw a glow flutter by around that time, and she lovingly replaced Jack's first tooth with this....
When I went to wake Jack the next morning for school, he was already wide eyed and toothless staring at his night stand. He could hardly contain his excitement {even at o' dark thirty in the morning}. Any Tooth Fairy that is aware of his Lego obsession is a winner with him.
Jack and I could barely read her note and not because of sleepy eyes {although that didn't help}. Just as we guessed, Jack's Tooth Fairy must be very tiny, her microscopic handwriting was proof of that. And she kindly explained to us how the first tooth deserves a present and from here forward she can only carry money. I appreciated her sharing my same philosophy on how future exchanges will go down.
She's a smart little fairy. And Jack is a very happy toothless wonder. Gotta love milestones.
{After Maggie recovered from her initial look of horror upon seeing Jack's missing tooth, she's started wiggling every tooth in her mouth, claiming to have a loose tooth too...so adorably Maggie like}



2 comments:
Is it that time already? Where have the years gone? Congrats to jack, and good job tooth fairy!
Karen
Congrats, Jack!
Post a Comment