Thursday, February 14, 2013

I {heart} My Valentines


We have been lovin' a little Valentines around here.  

We started the month with some decorating.  Maggie was on hand to help me hang these precious pseudo candy hearts down the steps leading to the basement and into the playroom.  And I adore how they surrounded Clay and I 's engagement pictures. Coincidence at it's finest.

I put my Type A file on the shelf to allow Maggie to decorate as she see fit. {and no, my walls aren't this puke green/beige--excuse the awful lighting}



Hearts were sporadically placed in some places and bunched in others.  With the highest being about 3 feet up, courtesy of my favorite 3 year old.

But, the best part?  The way Maggie adored the "marry me" heart.  She read it to anyone who came over and then to us if there wasn't a new face to share it with. 'This hawrt says marwwee me', followed by her signature Maggie smile and courtsy.

Have I mentioned that she walks around with a box of Clay and I's wedding pictures?  Well, she does.  And it's precious to listen to her narrate each photo.  I on the other hand cringe looking at them.  Not a big fan of hurricane weddings, big fan of the man in the pictures though {if you were there you know what I mean}.



Needless to say, Valentine's Day is right up my Love Bug's alley.  So, when I suggested we bake Valentine cookies a few days before, guess who was the first in the kitchen...





And Love Bug #2 joined us.  Here she is sharing my secret ingredients.



The best part was the decorating according to my kiddos.  Jack made a guest appearance for the fun part.  {and he didn't even argue when he saw pink icing}  All in the name of love.




This was Jack's masterpiece Valentine cookie.  Basically his only cookie.  He used 80% of our decorating ingredients on it and then upon completion headed backed to his Legos.  Good thing I have a back up baker waiting in the wings.  My oldest seems to have semi-retired.






We shared the love this holiday with these adorable Hot Chocolate baskets for the kid's teachers. So easy and very inexpensive {an idea begged, borrowed and stolen with a twist}.  Maggie had a fun {and very messy} time making the stir spoons with me.  And those are heart marshmallows in that cellophane bag...way sweet.



On V day the kids woke up to their doors covered in "We Love..." hearts.  It was a much needed time of reflection for me as I thought of all the reasons Clay and I love each of them.  The kid's seriously adored this and Maggie had me read her hearts to her at least 14 times that day.

This was Jack's door...



Maggie's...



And Lucy's...



If you noticed, yes, Jack had the most.  I knew he would count and the girl's wouldn't so why not let him feel the most loved.  He deserves it living with all these girls.

After a celebratory day at school {which means Maggie came home with way too much Valentine junk loot}, she loved on Lucy for a bit.  Both girls enjoyed play time in my favorite room in the house.  How fitting that we were surrounded by pink on this day of love.

Maggie set up story time for all of her animals and Lucy watched on longingly.





Two girly loves are better than one if I do say so...


Happy Valentine's Day to all!  XOXO




2 comments:

Tanya said...

So cute! I love the festive hearts. Lucy is looking so grown up in these pictures. She'll be baking cookies with y'all in no time!

ericafokens said...

sweet girls all in pink!