Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick Or Treat...



...this Mommy is beat! 

Wow, what a night with Superman, Rapunzel, and a newborn.  

Basically, we made it to the end of our driveway and Superman was gone.  Rapunzel tried her hardest to keep up.  Daddy was somewhere in the middle.  And I pushed the stroller with Lucy only to make it to our stop sign before she was wiped out.  

I hardly saw my little trick or treaters.  Every neighbor stopped to gush over Lucy on her debut night out of the house.  And there was no way Superman was waiting on that. And there was no way Rapunzel was letting him out of her sight.

So, a few houses, a couple pictures, and a stolen bucket of candy off our front porch later...I am beat!  And yes, I am infuriated about my halloween bucket.  Rotten little teenagers {that's a fair assumption, right?}

I vow to redeem my halloween experience next year.



This is one of three pictures that I got of my costumed kiddos before they were goners.  A smart Mommy knows to always snap those sweet dress up pictures before Halloween night.



After my three picture quota, Superman was off to his first house.  I'm pretty sure he was checking out his cape in this picture.  He marveled at the way it flew up when he ran...so great!



This is the view I had of Jack for my short stint outside...a blur.  Gotta say, I loved it!  That is a busy boy...as he should be.



And here comes Rapunzel pulling up the rear.  It's tough work being a princess with 10 lbs of tuille under your dress.  Add 5 lbs worth of hair and well, it's plain to see why she was taking her darling time.



And look how lovely my Lucy is.  No wonder everyone wanted a little piece of her.  I did have this tinge of guilt earlier in the month about not getting her a costume.  I'm happy to say, I don't regret it a bit.  She was outside on Halloween night a total of 40 minutes.  It would have been a complete waste.  Good thing for the cutesie tee.




Decisions, decisions.  I was just happy that they stopped long enough for me to get the signature "trick or treat" picture.

Both kiddos happily returned home with full bags {and completely exhausted}.  Now...who's going to eat all of that candy?  Let the rationing begin.





No comments: