Soccer season is over.
It was an interesting one. We'll just leave it at that.
But, what was meant to be accomplished was.
Jack got some exercise. He experienced the art of working on a team. We all got to enjoy this beautiful Fall weather outdoors. And Maggie made some fabulous sideline friends that she played with every practice and every game.
So as the last week approached, I told Jack to start thinking of what he wanted to do for exercise/sports this Winter. His choices...tennis and karate.
So it looks we are hitting the courts starting November. And then the gym starting December. I had to stagger start dates for my organizational sanity. {and for the hopes that Lu will be sleeping by then and I will in turn be coherent again}
But, this post is about soccer, so let's return to the field.
Jack's team name this season were the Superstars. The best name we have gotten to date {with any of our sports}. And perfectly ideal for Jack...he is a giant superhero fan so he made a quick connection. Although he was very bummed with the generic soccer tee we were given for game days. I think he was hoping for something a little more "powerful".
Daddy help coach Jack's team. That was probably Jack's favorite part of it all. I don't know if I can say the same for the other party involved. But, we all know how hard it can be to "teach" your own child. I must have given that speech a hundred times to parents when I was in the classroom. It's just a harder concept to grasp when you are the actual parent.
Either way it will be an experience neither Jack or Daddy will ever regret. And maybe one day we can all look back and laugh at it.
Jack started the season a little timid. But, when we got him in the comfort of his own backyard he was a dribbling and kicking Superstar. He certainly loved dribbling his soccer ball down the looong sidewalk, through the grass, and onto the field on practice and game days.
On our final game day, the team celebrated with doughnuts, medals, and certificates. Coach John even gave each player a little closing positive comment {which I know can be a challenge}. Wonderfully encouraging, just as a coach should be.
So long soccer. May the Superstars live on...






No comments:
Post a Comment