Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Festival


It's that time of year.  Pumpkins, cooler air, lots of orange, and the Fall Festival at Maggie's school.  I can't believe it's not "Jack and Maggie's school" anymore.  Serious *sigh*.

In the true nature of what life is quickly becoming around here...we had a very busy Saturday morning.  I never knew busy like I do now.  Three kids have given that word a whole new meaning.  From the moment we woke we were going.  Feed Lucy, dress and feed two kids, try to dress and feed myself somewhere in there, give baby instructions to Ms Abby, play a soccer game, and then race to the Fall Festival before nap time slips up on us.  No wonder my sweet Magpie was wiped out only an hour into the the festival.

But...she had great time up until that 61st minute.  And Jack? Well, he never really slowed down.


Gone are the days of matching Saturday outfits.  The past couple big events Jack has been in uniform  and Maggie in her seasonal suits.  Good thing we have Lucy to fill the outfit void for us.  And speaking of seasonal suits, poor Mags was losing her britches the whole day.  I had to roll them up at least three times.  Can you say festive hobo look?  Thank goodness Grandma can sew-those were fixed by Sunday.




The number one booth, for both of my kids, was the Pumpkin decorating.  I seriously think my kiddos wiped out the pumpkin supply.  They decorated at least 8 of them. Ahhh...can you imagine what my porch looks like right now?



When Maggie wasn't decorating a pumpkin, she did a little Treasure Hunting....



...and wound up with about 5 too many lollipops.  Lucky me...and her dentist.



And if Jack wasn't at the pumpkin booth, he was in a bounce house or flying down a slide.  This was about the only time I saw him.  He finally came over to join the family for a popcorn break.



And since we couldn't join him on the inflatables, we took the Pumpkin decorating opportunity to spend some time with him.  Grandma especially enjoyed it.



Here is that 61st minute...with the starts of a Maggie yawn.  Then she followed it with, "I not even tired, I not even yawning". {yes, she has a few pronoun issues here and there}

And that was our cue...home we went for a nice Fall nap.




No comments: