Perfectly fitting that we have celebrated my favorite three year old's birthday for the past three days.
Yes, three wonderful years ago this family was blessed with a little slice of heaven. She has been my sugar, and most recently, my spice. But, somehow her "spice" doesn't burn a bit. It's exactly the right recipe for a precious girly girl. And honestly, it makes me love her all that much more.
Maggie is the love in my life that makes me smile, laugh {even when I'm not supposed to be...i.e. disciplining}, and absolutely melts my heart every chance she can get. I honestly can't imagine this family without her.
I smirk to think that exactly three years and three days ago, I was an anxious mess awaiting her arrival. The thoughts that consumed me seem so silly now...how will I have enough time for two? will I love her as much as Jack? Yes, I really thought that...ridiculous, huh?
Maggie stole my heart on November 9th, 2009 and she hasn't given it back.
all my love birthday girl...all my love...
Day One
Thursday was Maggie's school celebration. And guess what she wanted to take for her Birthday snack?...pink doughnuts with sprinkles. Naturally.
I slipped some apples and yogurt in that snack bag too. Don't think I wasn't tempted to cut those giant rings of sugar in half.
Day Two
Friday was the real day...November 9th. The day my world turned pink.
As a tradition at the Cibula house, we wake the kids every birthday morning with a video camera in their face and a Happy Birthday ditty.
Maggie very seriously expressed her disapproval of it this year after I turned the camera off. "I not like when you sing. I not like that. I wanted you to stop." How bad I had wished the camera was still running when she reprimanded me. There's that spice.
But she quickly cheered up when I got the "reglar" camera out...
...and the birthday gift didn't hurt either.
By dinner time, I think we had called Maggie the "birthday girl" about 417 times. She was still digging it, but Jack was slowly getting over it. Until...he realized the "birthday girl" came with dessert.
Day Three
And then the real party started on Saturday. Oh, how I love birthday parties.
Maggie Mouse celebrated the most beautiful Saturday of the season with family and friends. Oh trust me, I have about a million more pictures to share with you. I am waiting on the ahhhhmazing Andrea Wood to send them my way.
Until then this will have to do...a smiling Birthday Girl!










1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Maggie!! The party was absolutely perfect! We all had a great time! Every detail, perfect, per usual!
Post a Comment