I have officially deemed Mondays as "Mommy and Maggie Mondays" for two very important reasons. ONE. because she desperately needs it right now and TWO. because I love that girl.
This whole having a sibling adjusting to a new baby thing is all new to me. If it were up to Jack we would have five more babies around here and he wouldn't skip a beat {not saying that his beats don't come with their own challenges, but none baby related}.
And Maggie's new period of adjustment seems to be indirectly related to baby. As I've mentioned...she absolutely LOVES Lucy. She just doesn't like that it has brought a few changes her way.
This is where I remind myself that...,'this too shall pass', 'we will survive' and 'three will be a charm' {even if it takes everything I've got}. And then I load Maggie in the car and through totally sleep deprived eyes, I take her somewhere for some quality Mommy and Maggie time.
Last Monday was the Zoo. This Monday was the Children's Museum.
Something about playing with my little Magpie brings such a joyful and contented feeling to my world. She truly is an amazing child.
We started off with a little grocery shopping. Her favorite thing to do {and my least favorite...in real life that is}. I'm pretty sure we spent about two-thirds of our visit loading and unloading a grocery cart.
Then we took some groceries over to feed the cow {per her idea}, but not before we stopped and took a tractor ride.
I finally was able to convince little Miss Homemaker that there was more to life than the grocery store {and farm}. That's when she tried her hand at art.
Then a little gardening. {but only with pink and purple flowers} And don't you just love this pose? Maggie, Maggie quite contrary, how does your garden grow?
And finally fishing. And as you may have guessed...yes, only pink and purple fish.
So, as I was uploading the pictures off of my camera I noticed a common thread among our day. Here are few to show you what I'm talking about. Do you see it?...
My Maggie just might be a little Type A after all. Everywhere we played she found something to line up...in a perfect neat little line.
I knew I loved that girl...wink,wink.







2 comments:
Ooh, great idea to shower Maggie with attention! Let's make it a double date with our girls soon!
~E
Grammy said;
Maggie is so lucky to have a mommy like you.
Post a Comment