The first day of December marked the beginning of many traditions around here. Clarence {our mischievous elf} came to visit from the North Pole, the Christmas tree and all of the decor went up, Christmas cards went out in the mail, and we made an eventful trip to see Santa. I smile as I write the word "eventful". What isn't eventful with the Cibulas these days? {I'm going to miss this one day, right?}
So with a 12:15 appointment, {yes, Santa is so busy, he now takes appointments}, I picked the kids up early from school and off we went to see the jolly ol' man.
Jack enjoyed every minute of his visit on Santa's lap. He had his hand written Christmas list that he had worked so diligently on the night before. I got so much joy out of helping him with it--4 year olds really are hilarious. Jack was very detailed about each item that I had to suggest that he choose the most important word to write and then he could explain the rest to Santa. He agreed, it was a done deal, and he wrote the list in "outline" version. Jack gave Santa his all important list and chatted right through his visit. I thought things were going pretty well {minus poor Mags over there}. But somehow, as soon as he got off Santa's lap, he announced, "I forgot to tell Santa all the important things". Oh well, we'll have to write him a letter or send him an email, Santa has to take his next appointment.
Maggie was an entirely different story, just as I expected. Santa was very intriguing from a safe distance. However, as soon as she hit his lap, she began to wail. A really red faced, tears streaming, and extremely vocal wail. Tis' the season, huh? That all came to an abrupt end though when Santa's elves handed her her first candy cane of the season.
So between a screaming tot, Santa's personal camera use rules {no flash and stand behind the podium}, our pictures are less than desirable. But, that is certainly not what it is about. {And hopefully our $18 5x7 will be a success} In all honesty, it truly was a wonderfully festive moment that I know I will never forget. And yes, one day I am going to miss this...Christmas with kids {especially mine} really is magical.
Jack's 1st Christmas list...so glad I took a picture of this because Santa has the original, rightfully so. I will translate for anyone in the market for a Christmas present for Jack {this Santa is already done shopping--luckily 5 & 6 are taken car of}.
1. RC- a remote control car like RC on Toy Story
2. Zurg-the evil emperor Zurg, that is, from Toy Story
3. Soldier-specifically a soldier with a jet, a gun, a parachute, and tower to climb??
4. candy-a big bag of candy he clarified
5. Lego-he prefers Toy Story, imagine that
6. bike-with a bell and basket
7. Buzz-with the words on the back, whatever that means?
Seriously, one of the only pictures with Santa that you can recognize their faces. The "no flash" thing was an issue for me that I clearly was not prepared for. But, how great is Jack explaining his list? Love it! I wonder if Santa could hear over Maggie's dramatic wails.
And although the quality of this picture is lacking, I couldn't resist sharing Jack's perky Christmas smile.
This is the new Maggie...little Miss Instigator. Hmm....naughty or nice?
But, don't let her "love pats" fool you. She is enamored with her big brother. And he with her.
Now, finally, there are Santa's "nice" kiddos. It only took 3 times.
So long Santa! Have a safe trip back to the North Pole.





2 comments:
A magical meeting! Love the matching Santa attire. Jack and Maggie are just too cute for words. You got the classic crying shot with Mags:)
This is all too precious for words. Jack's exctiement, Maggie's tears...and love pats. So sweet to start out your Christmas season!
Post a Comment