Monday, August 8, 2011

At The Lake

We spent the weekend at Lake Oconee and stayed at the fabulous Ritz.  Four years ago when we made our first venture to this destination, I wondered how baby Jack would do in such a fine establishment.  I was pleasantly surprised and actually shocked to find out just how kid friendly the Ritz actually is.  I'm beginning to wonder if there are more activities for kids than adults. Hmmm...but, that may only because we've never made this trip sans kids.

The reason for our little escape? Clay has an annual work conference at the lake every summer {now there's a nice perk}.  We've been almost every year since Jack's birth {minus last year--which I can't exactly remember why I opted out on that one}.  But as Jack grows older, I find there is much more to enjoy with him.  Still waiting for that day when I get to relax on this trip.  Keep waiting, right?

This year there was certainly no shortage of 'busy'iness.  So much so, we just might have pushed the kids a weensy bit too far.  Lesson learned {exactly when am I going to learn that lesson?}.  Regardless, we walked away with sweet memories, fun pictures, and exhausted kids.

This is basically how our weekend looked {as you will see--plenty to keep the kiddos entertained}...



Lots of Pool Time






Campfire S'mores at Dusk






{insert a very intense bath here}


Monstrous Pancakes for Breakfast




Pseudo Beach by the Lake







{which included a pseudo jump by Jack-note the distance from the ledge to the sand}


Snowcones on the Extremely Hot Peaceful Lawn









 And Giant Tree Swings





1 comment:

ericafokens said...

Fun get away! I love how nicely Mags shares her snowcone!
~E