Monday, September 6, 2010

Babies And BBQ


I guess I can't really call it that anymore, considering the "babies" are growing up and the new ones have arrived. Maybe...Cook Out and Kiddos....or...Babies, Toddlers, and Burgers, Oh My. Hmm...any thoughts?

Regardless of what it is called these days, we did it again. Our annual backyard summer's end party. Unfortunately, we had to schedule it on Labor Day weekend this year. If you can believe it, every other weekend in September was taken on the Cibula calendar. So, lots of families were out of town, which we expected. But, we still had a great crew with 13 kiddos and lots of Mommies and Daddies.

We ate burgers and hot dogs, the Daddies played a little Boccie Ball, the Mommies caught up, and the little ones ran wild. It was perfect! I am proud to announce that the running wild didn't lead to one argument that needed adult intervention. Huh, maybe those babies really are growing up.

So without further ado, I present you with the pictures of our last bit of summer fun...


Maggie and Little Miss Eliza Kate enjoyed some bonding time on the deck. Maggie was enthralled by EK--she loves babies. So much so, that she even let me walk out of her sight for a bit. Now, it takes someone really special for Mags to allow that to happen.



Too cool or too busy to pose for a picture together, so I had to catch an action/candid shot of Miller and Jack.



The playset was very well used this year. Between the swings, the rock wall, and rolling balls up and down the slides there was not a dull moment at that end of the yard.



Wee ones and their Mommies..aren't they sweet? Cristina and Lucas, Karen and Bradley, & Allison and Conrad. Next year these little bundles will be trying to keep up with the big kids...hard to believe.



Group photo time! How do we always pull this off? A bribe, of course. This year--popsicles! I will admit we were missing one toddler--the popsicle wasn't tempting enough for sweet Sydney. (back row L-R Miller, Alexandra, middle row L-R,Wesley Kate, Jack, Sophia, front row L-R Ansley, Caroline)



And we can't forget the babies! Maggie fell somewhere in the middle of the two groups, but made it very clear that she felt the most comfortable with her pint size friends. (L-R Lucas, Conrad, Maggie, Eliza Kate, and Bradley)



To the point that she could not take her hands off them. Did I mention, Maggie loves babies?



And my favorite photo...my two love bugs. What a happy pair! And yes, Jack's shirt is still soaking in Oxi Clean as we speak.





2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

We always look forward to Babies and BBQ. So glad we could make it this year!
Miller had the best time and was still talking about it the next morning. I hope the Oxy trick works on J's shirt!
~E

Grammy said...

Many of these children will be life long friends. They are all so precious. I can't believe how much Jack and Maggie look alike.