Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baptized In Christ

Our sweet Maggie was baptized this weekend...January 30, 2010. We made the trek to GB to the Catholic church Clay and I grew up in, were married in, and that Jack was also baptized in. It seemed an obvious choice, even though the preparation for a short weekend trip is an immense amount of work these days. It was all worth it though.

The ceremony was held in the chapel per my request..I prefer the intimacy of family and friends for such a special day. Maggie made a couple squeaks, Jack wiggled around a bit, but that's part of what made it such a beautiful event.

Congratulations on your baptism Margaret Grace...you are truly loved!

On the way to the chapel to get baptized. It was pretty chilly so I had Maggie bundled in a sweater cardigan over her gown. I was sooo hoping for some good Florida sunshine...no luck.



There was a very informal processional into the chapel. Father Lambert conducted the ceremony and Matt (Clay's brother) and Catlin (our sister-in-law) entered with us.





Maggie loved having the water poured on her head. I think she was anticipating a bath...what a tease!


Father Lambert, a baptized baby, a relieved Mommy and Daddy, and an over excited brother! What a picture!


Maggie and her new God Parents, Matt and Catlin.


Some of our family that attended the ceremony. Maggie is so blessed to have such a wonderful family to share in her day.


Maggie's Baptism Party attire...always pretty in pink. Although, she was so exhausted from the baptism excitement that she slept half of her party away. (and no, she doesn't have brown eyes:)


Big Brother was lovin' a party. Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, cousins, galore! He solicited playtime from each of them! His eyes were a mile wide every time someone new walked in the door. I'm surprised I was even able to get him to the dinner table.




4 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations Maggie! She looks so beautiful, just like all of you guys! What a handsome Family! Speaking of handsome, could Father Lambert be any cuter? I gave myself a sign of the cross as I typed that last sentence, so I won't burn for it. Blame it on the hormones, right?

~Andrea

The Fokens Family said...

What a wonderful post! I loved seeing photos of Maggie's special day.
~Erica

Donna said...

I cannot wait to get my hands on Maggie again! Look how CUTE she is and Jack seems all grown up. Congrats, Cibulas! The trip was definitely worth whatever it took.

Nancy said...

What a sweet post! Your family is beautiful!