Clay and I got to visit Jack's classroom this morning. This is one of the two times that we are allowed in the door this year. I mean, I can relate to having parents in the classroom, not always fun. But geez, I let them come in more than twice a year and I was actually trying to teach the kids something...like how to read.
Anyway, we had a great little visit. It was Jack's "Donuts With The Ones You Love"...how cute is that? A perfect event for kicking off the 'Month of Love'. We got to do it last year also, although I'm not too sure how much of it Jack actually got. This year Jack was anticipating Mommy and Daddy's visit since we told him about it a week ago. We were able to leave napping Maggie at home with GG, who is visiting us from KY. Thank goodness because Maggie isn't too keen on rambunctious surroundings and that's exactly what 12 two year olds eating donuts are...rambunctious and then some. She'll get use to it one day or at least she'll have to living in this house.
Jack and Daddy each enjoyed an icing covered donut with heart sprinkles. I was cringing watching Jack eat all of that sugar, but he loved it, of course. We did a little "heart art", which is now adorning our kitchen. And we topped the morning off with Jack showing us around his classroom and modeling all of the toys. When it was time to go, Jack simply gave us both a kiss and waved us on. Easier than I expected. I sure do love that little guy.
Donuts make me happy! Oh, and that hot pink heart on my cheek? I'm saving that for later when I come off of my sugar high.
I suppose I can take a donut break to smile with the "Ones I Love".
Hey Daddy, those are MY pink glittery heart stickers. (my boys aren't scared of pink, red,and hearts)

No comments:
Post a Comment