Friday, January 8, 2010

Snowbody To Play With

I stepped out my front door this morning and this is what I saw....


Yes, it snowed last night. More of like a dusting with lots of ice. School is canceled and a lot of roads are closed. Jack had a play date that was postponed. He did not take that well. Maggie was suppose to have her 2 month appointment today and it was rescheduled...bummer! I wanted to see how much she weighed. Hopefully next week. And may I add here, that she slept 9 hours straight last night...woo hoo! We'll see how long that lasts.

After being "snowed" in, I was hoping Jack would be up for some snow play outside. Not a chance. He took one look out the window and said, "not today". I explained that "today may be the ONLY day". It didn't change his mind. Instead he opted for a bowl of snow and ate it indoors with a spoon. I made sure it was the white snow that he was eating. All is well.



However, I did get Cosby outside--with A LOT of persuasion. He came back in immediately after doing his business. He was not happy with me.

Oh well, maybe next time I can get someone to go outside and play with me. Happy Snow Day to all! Stay warm.


3 comments:

Erin said...

I had the opposite problem...Nate wouldn't come in! It was painfully cold out there, but pretty!

And 9 hours...wow! Hope you slept most of that as well!

The Fokens Family said...

I love your post title:)

I'm surprised Jack didn't run right out the door. He surely wasn't afraid to climb a mountain of stairs at the jumpy place. It's amazing what they choose not to like!

~Erica

Melissa Dulion Hughes said...

Paula, I must admit...I've been stalking your blog for quite some time :) I happened upon it through a friend of a friend's blog and have LOVED reading it ever since. Jack is absolutely a precious little boy and Maggie is just beautiful. You are so creative with your blogs, and I have enjoyed reading about your everyday life. Do you have an email address? I don't have a blog, but I am on FB. I would love to chat some time!