I spent a fab couple of days with three of my high school friends this past weekend. 5 weeks out from newborn arrival and a house under construction, let me tell you--it was just what I needed.
I didn't have to venture too far from home either. Stephanie and Amy made the trek up here from Mobile to see Erin and I. (Thanks girls for doing the traveling!) To make it feel a bit more like a vacation we did book a suite at a historic hotel in downtown. (Thanks to Erin for doing all of the planning!).
Our weekend was packed--it started at dinner with unexpected visitors. After choosing to eat on the outdoor patio at a local BBQ joint, we were unpleasantly joined by bugs--the really gross kind, so gross I can't even bring myself to type the word. Needless to say dinner was cut a bit short. We spent our days shopping, getting pampered with pedicures (which I desperately needed after traipsing around in basement flood water), eating out...bug free, and catching up. We did always find our convos reverting to kids, husbands, and even stain removal tips. However, the joy of talking to adults was priceless, no matter the topic. I think we all impressed ourselves with staying up past midnight chatting and playing games. Needless to say, I did come home Sunday and take a looong nap. Thanks Clay for letting that happen:)
But, I must admit, my favorite part of the weekend was the surprise mini shower the girls gave me right in our hotel room. Pettifores, flowers, and baby goodies made it the real deal. So sweet and such a surprise and Maggie didn't do so bad either. A giant thank you girls for a stress free weekend and helping to celebrate my baby girl!
Sweet little gown...I swear Jack spent the first 3 months of his life in these. And if I had to guess-Maggie will too.
How precious is this little outfit? I can't wait to doll her up in bloomers. So fun!
Is this blanket not gorgeous? I guarantee my fall baby will have this draped over her a lot this winter.

2 comments:
It was too short!! The photography at your shower was amazing! ;) See ya again soon! E
The old gang together again! Looks like fun and everyone looks great! I love the blanket that you got at your mini-shower. That is so cute!
Post a Comment