Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Showered With Pink

On Sunday Maggie and I were showered with all things pink and girly at a beautiful luncheon to celebrate her upcoming arrival. It was such pleasant and thoughtful surprise to be given a shower for baby number 2....( I think it had something to do with her being a girl:) Whatever the reason, it was beyond my expectations with precious decor, amazing food, absolutely adorable frilly gifts, and extremely special friends. This girl thing sure is fun so far!

Before my list of adjectives dwindles away, let me get to the pictures to show you the cuteness the afternoon held--you know pictures are worth a 1,ooo words or in this case adjectives....


I must start with the most wonderful hostesses in the world. Thank you Allison, Erin, Cristina, and Karen...you have no idea how special you made Maggie and me feel. We are two very blessed girls to have friends like you all! ( and in case you are wondering--NO, we did not plan the color coordinated outfits--there is just something about gray and fall I suppose, trust me there was enough color elsewhere)



The yummy food table. Not only was it pretty in pink, it was delicious. My fave were the mini strawberry cakes...mmmm!




Okay, maybe there was tie with the delish pettifores. How sweet is the "M" for Maggie? Almost too cute to eat.



A close up of the food table decor. The green card in the back is the precious invite. The original has an additional pink hounds tooth card bordering it with a lime green bow. I hung it up in Maggie's nursery and the colors are perfect!




The darling pink and green clothes line. I am sooooo into pink and green right now, love it!




Look at these favors! They were displayed right above the clothesline. I just love the mini clothespin. And the carriage on the sticker looks like the one on the invites. The girls gave me lots of extra stickers too. I plan on using them on her thank you notes...so fun!





Kristen, Erica, Cristina, and Karen enjoying the yummy lunch. If you can believe this, almost all of the guests and hostesses were pregnant with spring babies! (not necessarily the ones pictured here;)





The gifts were way too much fun. I didn't have to worry about the things I needed this go around. It was all about cutesy goodies that you would feel guilty buying yourself. Isn't this ballerina onesie adorable? Maggie's name is monogrammed on the top. She is going to be so pretty in pink!







More monogrammed goodies and in my favorite colors...pink and green!



This little lavender smocked dress is going to make it very hard to wait for spring....gorgeous!


The only thing left to do is wait for our Marvelous Maggie to arrive. Her nursery is complete and she has been showered with gifts galore. Only 12 more days!!







4 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

What a fun & frilly shower!
Can't wait to see Miss Maggie in all her new pretty pretties!
~Erica

Erin said...

the photography is amazing yet again! :) it was a fun day...can't wait to see you girls 11/9!

Kari said...

I can't believe you're about to have another baby. You look fabulous! I can't wait to see pics of her.

Heather Dahlby said...

Sad to have missed it! Looks like it was a blast :)