Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Pirates Life For Me

Jack had his Halloween party at school today and got to wear his costume for the first time. This has been a much anticipated event around here.

I honestly had no intentions of trying to get pictures of him before heading out the door for school, but when he asked I couldn't resist. Yes, my child asked me to take pictures of him suited up and then when I went to put the camera away he said "more pichures peas".

The entire time I was getting him dressed this a.m. he stood in front of the full length mirror in my bedroom and grinned. After checking out the pictures I just knew I had to give a little sneak a peek. I know I'm the Mommy, but you can not deny how cute he looks in his costume (and we still get to wear it 3 more times)! Oh, and this year, as opposed to last...he was all about the hat. Mmmmm, I love my little "Shipmate"!


It took everything Jack had to stand still for that picture. He was so excited that all he wanted to do was show off his best pirate impersonations.

Like I said...pirate impersonations. This is him chanting "arrrrgh shipmate" with a flail of the arm and kick of the leg.

Another pirate jig.

And finally my little "shipmate" slowed down to look up and tell me he was ready for his party at school.




1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

I can't get over the velcroed bird on his shoulder...TOO cute!
Also, How did you get J to request pictures...what in the world?
Miller STILL hates this lens!
~Erica