Monday, October 19, 2009

The Great Pumpkin Patch Risk

We took a huge risk on Sunday in taking Jack for our annual Pumpkin Patch visit. You see he has been battling a terrible cold for the past 3 days which has resulted in many sleepless nights and naps. On Saturday, after a visit to urgent care, he was diagnosed with a right ear infection (that's number 9 for those of you counting).

Call me brave or just stupid, but we decided to do it anyway. It was the ONLY weekend left this month that our calendar wasn't full. And with Grammy and Grampa in town, it was our planned activity. Jack had literally been counting down the days for the past 2 weeks.

I'm happy to say, I'm glad we did it. During the visit at the patch, Jack actually enjoyed himself. He checked out all of the pumpkins, the so called "petting zoo", took a tractor hay ride, and even ate some popcorn. He had a lot of fun (for someone feeling really under the weather) and actually smiled 90% of the time. On the flip side, the ride there and the ride back were a bit of a challenge, and the evening that followed, and actually everyday since, but at least we got our annual visit in and have the pictures to prove it.

It was quite chilly out there--the past two years we've had shorts on! But, I was dying for Jack to sport his adorable pumpkin shirt that Amy made him (thanks AMY)! So I threw some layers on under it and brought a coat and fleece along. You'll see by the end of the visit, I was feeling a tinge guilty and Grampa was very concerned, so we covered the pumpkin tee with his fleece. Luckily, we did get several pics in his festive shirt before hand.

Enjoy the show and Happy Fall to All!



**Update...since this post, I took Jack to his real DR after things were just not getting better. It seems he was misdiagnosed on Saturday (urrr to those Urgent Care people!) He actually has the coxsackie virus and has been in extreme pain...and VERY difficult if I might add! We've been on an antibiotic for no reason, all the while I should have been giving Motrin for the the pain...poor guy! (BTW, as scary as the name of that virus sounds--it's very common in infants and toddlers)


3 comments:

Tanya said...

Adorable pictures! I hope that Jack gets to feeling better. Hall had that virus last year and he was miserable for a few days.

You're looking so cute pregnant. Maggie should be here soon!

The Fokens Family said...

Love the family pictures...Maggie even made it out to the patch!!
~Erica

Erin said...

I swear I had already scripted out this exact same post!! We HAD to take Nate last weekend bc it was the only time we had left (and i put him in Amy's shirt!) but he was sick and not happy so he pretty much wanted to be held the whole time...so I didn't get any great shots...at least you did get some good ones of him smiling. But i swear that is too weird that I was about to post the same story down to the shirts ;)