What else could a kid ask for?....water, fountains, sprinklers, and kiddos galore. That is exactly what Jack had at his fingertips on Thursday at the new "Sprayground" after a generous invite from Erica and Miller.
I had never heard of it before. But, apparently it opened last month just a few miles down the road from our house. A wet playground with free admission. I was in awe and surely thought J would be too. But, not so fast. My often cautious and sometimes can even get a bit overwhelmed 2 year old was in awe alright, but only from a distance.
"Mommy come too", was his frequent request. And I did, clothes and all, with his sweet little hand clinched around my pointer finger to the point I thought my circulation was going to be cut off. He'd dip a toe in and then he was back to dry land. You could just see his desire to dive right in, but he played it safe for about 90% of our visit.
Somewhere in the last half hour, he took a leap of faith and sprinted through the edge of the fountains a couple of times. There was no denying it...he liked it.
The ironic part of it all ...after dry clothes, lunch with Miller and the Micca girls, and some fun on the dry playscapes, Jack decided he was ready. Yes, ready for the "tunnel fountains". On our way to the car, dressed and all, he looked up at me and asked so sweetly, "do tunnel please?". How could I resist? He finally had gained the courage to give it a try. So who was I to stop him? And the rest is Sprayground history...
All of this....
...and Jack wanted to do this...watch a digger outside of the Sprayground move dirt. Such a boy, although he made it clear that the digger was too loud for his liking!
Okay, so finally, a little leap of faith. As short lived as it was--he liked it!
(Do you recognize that alligator, Grammy?)

2 comments:
Looks like alot of fun!!!!! Love his swimsuit:)
I love the picture of his hands in his ears looking at the digger! Wish I could have seen his tunnel run. We'll have to go again now that they know what it's all about!
~Erica
Post a Comment