Half an hour later, I still heard him talking to his "frewns" (aka his Sesame Street Characters, his lovey, and his baa baa blanket). This time I quietly opened his door again to heed the same warning as before. Only this time the little rascal closed his eyes and layed flat pretending to be asleep. I stated sternly, "I hope Jack is sleeping so he can have yogurt with a straw when he wakes up".
Finally at 4:15, I gave up. He was still talking, rolling around, and playing. I guess no nap today and an early bedtime were my thoughts. I walked in his room with the most serious face I could muster up. And again I very sternly spoke to him. This is how it went...
Mommy: Jack, I am very disappointed that you did not fall asleep and take your nap. Unfortunately you can't enjoy yogurt now. Let's get up and tonight you are going to bed early.
I helped him out of bed and stood him on the floor while he just stared at me. I got down in front of him and sat indian style to be eye level with him.
Mommy: Jack, why didn't you take your nap? I am very disappointed. (while holding my most serious poker face)
Jack: (still staring at me with his chin down and looking a bit ashamed) Mommy is mad?
Mommy: Yes Jack, I am mad and disappointed. You didn't listen to me when I asked you to go to sleep.
Jack: grabs both of my cheeks with the palms of his hand and intensely pulls my face to his and gives me a giant kiss
Mommy: still keeping that serious poker face and let me tell you it was NOT easy
Jack: pushes my face back and stares me in the eye, when he sees no response, he grabs my cheeks again and plants another big wet one right on my lips
Mommy: this time I had to smirk
Jack: very proud of him himself and with a BIG smile he squeals, MOMMY NOT MAD ANYMORE !

1 comment:
That lil booger of yours! How could you be mad after two kisses?
~Erica
Post a Comment