Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wild Weekend

My definition of "wild" has significantly changed in the past 10 years. Now, "wild" means more like "busy". And that was exactly what this Mother's Day weekend was.

Friday night we went to a decent family dinner. We knew there really wouldn't be any more opportunities during the weekend so we took advantage of it. Jack did not eat a thing! Yes, my "use to devour an adult entree" child no longer eats. And when he does, he is very particular about the fare. This is where I throw in my answer to everything..."it's just another stage", not to mention he has been fighting a terrible sinus infection/head cold for a while now.


On Saturday morning we hit the zoo. We wanted to get there at opening to get tickets to the Little People show. It was first come first serve. It was crucial that we got tickets. You see, I made the mistake of telling J about our upcoming visit to the zoo and the show a week prior. And let me tell you, he has not dropped it since. The day I told him we happened to be at a restaurant and he got a little confused. He thought the Little People were coming to dine with us. He searched up and down for those characters and literally refused to leave through the front door thinking he was missing out. I finally was able to convince him the Little People were on a bus to our town and would be here in 6 days. And everyday since he has asked, "Little People bus here?". Needless to say, we were able to get tickets, the show was great for Jack, okay for Clay and I, and we saw lots of animals at the zoo. We even met Sophia and her family there. Minus Jack still fighting his sinus infection, it was a great day.


Saturday evening was followed by a Mommy and Daddy only night. Clay and I went to my Uncle's 25th anniversary party of working as the VP of Racetrac gas stations. It was quite a shin-dig considering Racetrac was footing the bill. We were picked up at our house in a limo and transported to a fabulous venue in downtown. I spent the evening toasting with ice water while Clay got to enjoy a few cocktails. We had a great time! Poor J was at home with a new babysitter. Unfortunately, Abby was not available so we called on a neighborhood sitter. When the doorbell rang, J went to the door with a smile. When I opened the door and Jack saw the new face, his face dropped and he very matter of factly said, "No! Abby". Jack made it very hard for us to exit for the evening. I think we may have scared the new sitter away between Jack's sudden stranger anxiety, his whiny behavior due to not feeling well, and just the simple fact he is very 2! Oh well, thank goodness for Abby.


Sunday was the usual--mass and brunch. However, the added bonus was my beautifully hand painted flower pot from Jack. And a fabulous one hour massage from Daddy. Mmmm...got to love Mother's Day. Thank you to my two favorite boys for making it so special. Happy Mother's Day to all!


Jack was very fascinated by the "fingos". At every other animal exhibit, he would announce "all done", but not with the flamingos. Go figure!



Jack and Daddy with the "lillas". There must have 1o of them out there playing...it was great!




Monkeying around, (although, I'm aware, that is technically a gorilla.)


Jack and "Fia" waiting for the doors to open to the Little People show. The kiddos were given LP DVDs, so Jack was intently working on getting his open.

Jack was very serious during the show--he didn't want to miss a thing!

Happy 50th Birthday Little People. After the show we climbed on stage and took a few pictures with some of the props. Sophia's little sis, Alexandra, even joined us.

Our last hurrah before heading home--a train ride. Jack was given the choice of a train ride or a carousel ride. He chose the train...he looks thrilled with his choice doesn't he? (I blame it on a combo of being 2 and not feeling well)

Mother's Day with my little angel. This is what makes it all worth it!

How come when you are pregnant you can find so many things about yourself that disgust you? I was mortified with every picture we took over this weekend. I even declared a ban on pictures of me until this baby is born. Yuck...I am not a good pregnant lady...I just feel so gross! (I'm assuming this is NOT just me that feels this way pregnant, right??) I lifted the ban in honor of Mother's Day;)




1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy (late) Mother's Day! We tried to go to the zoo yesterday after lunch but the rain came in as soon as we got downtown. Seeing your pics made me more sad we didn't get to go! Glad you had a nice weekend...and I think you look great!