Well, here they are-- all of the details. Probably more than you care to know, but I like to take note for prosperity's sake. It's been an interesting past couple of months. To say I've been paranoid during this pregnancy would be an understatement. However, I can confidently say, it has felt "real". I feel pregnant this time, which for someone who does not enjoy being pregnant, has been beyond blissfully exciting. We still have a long road ahead of us, but we can't help but dream about kissing tiny toes and fingers and holding our newest family member. We are on our way to becoming a family of 4 and it feels great!
*I've been praying hard and often for this one. If my prayers are answered this will be a healthy full term pregnancy, the baby will grow in a normal and healthy way, the baby will be happy, not have colic and no hemangiomas, Jack will be a great big brother, I will be a patient Mommy, and baby will fit into our family perfectly. I sure hope God is listening.
*I'm sure you all want to know the due date. Of course, that was the first thing I wanted to find out next to the gender, but I have to wait on the latter. Baby Cibula's official due date is November 13th, yes that is a Friday. Call me crazy, but I thought that was pretty cool--just like big brother, Jack's, Friday, April the 13th due date and actual birthday. Unfortunately, the doc has already informed me that we won't be waiting until November 13th. I'm a C-section Mommy, so it looks baby will arrive 7-10 days before the 13th. Regardless we have a November baby coming!
* I am exactly 12 1/2 weeks pregnant, according to ultrasounds and endless blood work over the past 7 weeks. I was considered high risk at the start and now I'm just a normal ol' pregnancy. Quite a relief, but I do miss those extra ultrasounds.
*The past 6 1/2 weeks have been nauseating to say the least. It has been awful on and off ALL DAY. The worst of it is from 4:00ish on into the middle of the night. I didn't have any of this with J, so it has really thrown me for a loop. I hate eating and I hate not eating --nothing makes me feel better. Oh, and the pre-natal pill, that really does me in. I haven't cooked for my poor family for over a month. It's fend for yourself around here. Hence the reason my Grandma came in town and stocked the fridge for my poor hubby. Hopefully, I'm nearing the end of this...don't want to speak too soon though.
*I've gained 6 1/2 lbs in the first trimester alone. The average is 2-5 lbs. Let's just say my weight gain during pregnancies is generally off the charts. If you've seen me recently, I'm sure you've noticed, although no one would ever admit it. I look like I'm carrying twins in my rear end. I can't fit into anything with buttons! Thanks goodness for the warm weather, I've been able to throw on sun dresses and hide everything, (so I think). Only I can feel the friction of my thighs rubbing together which I tell myself is a pleasant reminder of my little Baby Cibula.
*Unlike with Jack, I haven't really had any serious cravings. (With him I could have been considered a carnivore--I LOVED meat). Lots of aversions with this little one though...depending on the day and the time, they can vary anywhere from pork chops to tomato sauce to onions to bananas. The one thing that I can always eat...bread, crackers, bagels, basically any carb. Hmmmm....that might explain the weight gain.
*I am about 85% sure it's a boy. Clay really thinks it's a girl. My Grandma and the ultrasound tech think it's a girl too. None of them have ANY scientific proof--just gut feelings. Both Clay and Grandma were right about Jack and I was obviously very wrong. However, I would place my bets on my intuition this time--I just really have that feeling. Either way, after what we have gone through, I will be ecstatic with a healthy, happy babe in my arms...blue or pink.
As time continues, I will keep you posted. Of course, we cherish your prayers and thoughts for our family and especially Baby Cibula.

8 comments:
Glad your appointment went so well. For some reason, I'm so anxious to find out what you are having... How long do we have to wait for that news??
And, I thought you looked as skinny as ever at J's party.
~E
Congratulations! GREAT news! I know how you feel, but you will totally get there. Everything is going to take care of itself :) I just hope you are taking good care of YOURSELF! I know it must be hard to feel so crappy with a little one running around.
Cheers to Baby Cibula! Can't wait to find out what you are having later this summer.
that is great news! I was not the slightest bit suspicious at the party...you didn't look like you had gained an ounce! I look forward to hearing all about your pg in the coming months - you will either motivate me or scare me off! ;)
Im so excited for you guys! Cant wait to find out the sex! And you get a November baby, just like WK. At least you wont have to wait around til Thanksgiving for baby Cibula to come! SO happy for you:)
Paula,
I have this huge smile as I am writing this. Your blog has enchanted me. I will have much to thank God for when I say my night prayer.
Love,Grandma
I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy! I was sick for most of my pregnancy and the doctor put me on zofran. It really was a life saver if you find it getting unmanageable. I hope that you get to feeling better. I imagine it's difficult being sick and chasing around a toddler! Congrats again!
Congratulations Paula! I heard about your exciting news! :)
Love all the details!!! I am so excited for you and can't wait to follow the pregnancy on the blog!! Jack will be such a good big bro!
Post a Comment