Fast forward 7 months and Jack was about 13 months old. At this point he was walking and we were at the neighborhood pool all summer long. On two separate occasions last summer Jack fell into the pool. One time in the baby pool and one time into the big pool. Of course, I was right there and actually chasing him around one time and the other I was even holding his hand. But, it just goes to show you how quickly and easily it can happen.
I still wasn't completely sold on "our" need for this program, again we don't have a pool in our backyard. That was until we went to Jack's best friend Sophia's house to swim last summer. Sophia was nearing the end of her ISR lessons and she was only about 14 months old. And I do not lie, when I say the toddler was swimming, not just plain swimming, but jumping of the pool step and swimming under water to her Mom. Meanwhile, Jack was just hanging out on the pool steps while I had my eagle eyes on him. At that moment, I declared "that's it...we are doing it next spring".
Well here we are next spring and we are about 4 weeks into the program. I'm not going to lie, it is very intense, a serious commitment, and not cheap. But, how could I ever put a price of money or time on Jack's life? The more I thought about it, ALL of our family lives on or near the water and we belong to our neighborhood swim club. It just started to make sense to Clay and I. We are seeing a lot of progress with Jack, but I know we still have a ways to go. The average is 6 weeks, but I see us possibly staying in the program a bit longer. Whatever it takes. I am just so thrilled that Clay and I decided to do this.
Check out the video link to the program...it's only about 2 minutes and it's pretty amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwvv5IyPkXM

No comments:
Post a Comment