Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Turning 2 at the Car wash

We celebrated Jack's 2nd birthday on Saturday. It went fantastic-- just as I had imagined. Usually reality wins over my imagination, so I was thrilled that everything went as planned! The weather was perfect, the kids had lots of wet fun, and Jack was a happy Birthday Boy. I coudn't have asked for more.

The theme was a "Car Wash". All of the tots brought their favorite rididng toy and wore their swimsuits. We had an inflatable car wash in the front yard and roped off the driveway with flags. Goodies for the guests were buckets, sponges and towels. Now you can see why I needed good weather--no rain and sun. Believe it or not the parents actually started getting hot out there. That was a surprise considering how April has been around here.

After lunch we headed to the backyard for a little play on Jack's new playset. A friendly turtle even greeted us back there. By this point the kiddos were filthy and wet...perfect! Jack topped off his birthday celebration with a 3 1/2 hour nap. It was definitely a great day! As Jack would say, Happy "Number 2"!

I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story...




6 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

You captured the cutest pictures! We had a blast!

Andrea said...

P- We had so much fun! Thanks for including us and I am so glad that the weather was perfect for Jack's BIG day! You Guys are great!

Erin said...

Great party! Hope to see you guys again soon!

grammy said...

Time flies too fast. Had a great time.

S, J, B, & S said...

Paula!! You are SO creative ... LOVE this idea!! Wow, I wish we lived in the same city so *maybe* Blake would have been invited and *maybe* he would have gotten one of those adorable monogrammed towels .. :) What a perfect party!! Happy Birthday Jack!!

Courtney said...

Loved your bithday pics on the blog. That was such a cute idea for a party. Where did you find an inflatable car wash? May have to use your idea for Cooper's bday in July! Hope yall are doing well.