Thursday, April 23, 2009

Aren't We Blessed

I feel so blessed to have my Grandma. She is such an amazing, spiritual, and warm woman. She has been such an influential part of my life for as far back as I can remember. If you've met her, you know what I mean. Anyone would love to have my Grandma.

But, I feel even more blessed that Jack has had the opportunity to get to know her. Even in her 70's, she is outside playing ball with my vivacious two year old, putting pj's on his wiggly self at bedtime, bathing my silly splasher, and chasing him around the house without even a wince. Jack LOVES her and chants "GG" (great grandma) constantly during her visits.

We were graced with one of her wonderful visits this past weekend through the early part of the week. She left us with a smile, good memories, and a stocked fridge and freezer of home cooked meals. Yes, she thinks she is blessed to have us, but Jack and I know the real truth...we are the blessed ones! We love you Grandma/GG!


A hug for GG...



and a kiss!


Jack loved playing ball with GG. She taught him a little game of "up, down,sideways, sideways" and he has been chanting it ever since.

Ring Around the Rosies...

...and we all fall down!

Hmm...now what can I get GG to play with me?




2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

You ARE blessed! Cute pics of GG and Jack. See you on Saturday!

S, J, B, & S said...

Wow!! How great that Jack is able to play with his GREAT-grandmother! She's so youthful! Love it!