
Sunday, August 17, 2008
The Power of Prayer
I've been praying about the house and our family...a lot. I've talked to God and even pleaded since we put the sign in our front yard that he would send us a buyer by the end of the summer. Well here we were, the beginning of August, and I explained to God that "Hey, I consider the last day in August the end of summer....we are running out of time here". I rationalized with myself that 'God has a plan' and just sit back and see what he has in store for us. I even reminded myself that he has always taken care of me and listened to me. I've been blessed with the husband I prayed for, the son I prayed for, actually the entire life I prayed for...why would he not follow through now? Still, will all of that faith, I have been stricken with anxiety, as has Clay. And poor Jack has been toddling around through it all. And then it happened last Saturday...we got our first offer. After a week of negotiations we are scheduled to close at the beginning of September. At that moment I reveled in God's glory...he truly is amazing! Wow, the power of prayer! And God answered it so precisely which amazes me even more. There was not one moment during the last two months that I doubted God's love for us, however I did wonder if 'his plan' coincided with ours. We feel so blessed to know that all along it did. Obviously God understands too that buyers can back out and deals can go sour. So, as a second gift he sent us a back up offer yesterday. The way I look at it...we are sold! Now comes the packing process and tonight I will begin praying that God holds my hand through that too.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know it was a stressful week but it sounds like it all worked out and you get to start focusing on your new home! How exciting! I can't wait to see it in person! Congrats!
Dear Paula, I just read your very beautifully human thoughts in your last blog insert. It made me remember how much of a blessing you were and are from the very day that you were born to this instant. God has showered His love on you and on each person that you love...especially me. He has given us the best of His gifts only for us to share them.
Love again, Grandma who really needs a Jack hug
Post a Comment