Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ode To Daddy


Ever since we went "under contract" things have gotten CRAZY around here! There is so much to do and so little time to do it. Being the fabulous Daddy that Clay is, he has stepped right up to make the transition as easy as possible for Jack and I. Here is just a brief list of all the ways he has been so helpful...


  • daddy hired packers so mommy doesn't lose her mind trying to get the whole house into boxes in 11 days

  • daddy gave mommy the go ahead on a few remodeling projects in the new house...and now, just maybe Jack's new bathroom will be completed before move in day!

  • daddy hasn't complained once about all of mommies trips to Home Depot, Target, etc to get new things for the house or maybe that's because he hasn't seen the bill yet

  • daddy has taken over bedtime duty to allow mommy to take a few things down to the new house every evening even though we are both averaging about 6 hours of sleep a night right now...now that's what I call "team work"

  • daddy has stayed up until the wee hours of the night consoling an emotional mommy and it has meant the world to me
  • daddy has been making endless phone calls to relators, power companies, trash services, cable companies, phone companies all in an effort to have our new house move in ready

  • daddy's parents (aka Grammy and Grampa) are taking sweet baby Jack for 4 days during moving weekend--I must admit this one is very bittersweet--I'm going to miss that little monkey like crazy

I could go on and on, but those are the highlights of my wonderful husband during a less than wonderful time. Again, Jack and I are blessed beyond measure and challenging times like these are when God gives me a gentle reminder. Thank you Daddy...you are the best!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I'm really really proud of Clay.

The Fokens Family said...

I'm so glad you have help moving!! We hope you're doing well & this too shall pass!!