Please don't judge me. One, for taking my kids to Pigeon Forge in a pandemic and two, just for taking my kids to Pigeon Forge. We HAD to get out. And although this wasn't on my bucket list of must do vacations, we had a great time. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Basically it goes a little something like this, my kids have a four day weekend looming on the calendar, I haven't left the house in nearly two months due to virtual schooling, and I could't stand the thought of my kids spending a long weekend on more screens. So what does a mama do, but a plan a quick get away to the nearest kid friendly town she can find. Oh, and make sure big brother has a friend to tag along.
I can't say anyone was especially looking forward to it {especially my hubby} until we arrived. And even at that point, Clay and I gave each other a questioning look. But, the kids were beyond excited! Everywhere we turned there was another tourist shop, ride, or restaurant. A kid's paradise. Here we go.
We managed to squeeze a lot into our little stay. The good news and bad news was that our hotel was right in the middle of everything. So walking up and down the strip was extremely easy.
We spent a lot of time at the "Island" which is Jimmy Buffet's claim in the mountains. We rode rides, ate a few meals there and shopped around.
After the evening before and almost an entire day of roaming the strip, Clay and I needed some peace. So we loaded up the kids, to their chagrin, and took a scenic drive through the Smoky Mountains. It was an absolute beautiful change of scenery to see all the fall leaves as opposed to neon flashing lights everywhere.
On day two and a half, we desperately slept in a bit {which is a necessity with teenage boys} and headed to Paula Deen's for a family style brunch. Yum, can you say fried chicken and sweet tea? This country girl at heart was in heaven.
And by the way, we are all well and safe. Germ free...hallelujah! {I waited two weeks after to write this post just so I could say that.}




























No comments:
Post a Comment