I knew time was fling with my kids. But with my puppy too? Shelton Dude Cibula is 2 years old today. Which means in the lingo of professional dog peeps, he isn't a puppy anymore! No more using the puppy excuse for his ill behavior. Good thing he's nearly perfect.
As you may recall we threw Shelton a serious 1st Birthday Bash. From here on out we are keeping it simple. But...you better believe we will still be celebrating our favorite fur baby.
So on this day, February 24, 2020, Shelton was treated to a day of all the things he loves. We started with a trip to the river. Running through the woods and splashing in the water just might be Shelton's #1 past time.
At the end of our walk, big guy looked more like a yellow lab than a Cream Retriever. And because it was his birthday, there was no way I could bathe him {that is definitely not on his fave list}. Therefore he spent his entire birthday in this condition, but as dirty as he was, he was a happy pup.
Next he went to doggy daycare for a two hour playdate. His tail was going a mile a minute when we pulled up. He can never get enough of playmates.
And finally, Shelton's bestie in the hood came over to top off his afternoon. There was lots of birthday love, playing, and wrestling shared between those two.
By evening all of Shelton's people were home and it was time to celebrate as a family. I don't know who was more excited, Shelton or his human siblings. This was a much anticipated event at our house.
Don't let this face fool you. He was ecstatic.
And down it goes. Sitting through a round of Happy Birthday was actually worth it to get his chops on that peanut butter cake.
And what is a birthday without presents? Sweet Maggie spent her own chore money to shop for Shelton. I adore that tender heart.
We also surprised Shelton with a new Kong toy that he's had his eyes on {and I know this because he steals his besties all the time} and a few serious big boy bones.
We adore you Shelton on your birthday and always!
Thank you for bringing so much fun and joy to my kiddos. And thank you for suggesting all those long walks. I've never been through so many pair of tennis shoes as I have the past two years.
All our love! xoxo








No comments:
Post a Comment