Oh geez, this weather. Rain, rain, and more rain!
It's become tradition to carve our pumpkins on Halloween Eve. {lesson learned many years ago from rotting-bug filled pumpkins} But, wouldn't you know the weather had other plans. I offered the covered back porch to the kids, but instead they gleefully suggested we paint them.
Sure, why not? Much less mess than carving, right? Well, not really. Did you know that washable paint won't work on a pumpkin? So, I dug into my stash of acrylic paints and the rest is history. Like my rug is history, my shirt is history, several of my dish towels are history...and so on.
But we managed to get some pretty cute pumpkins out of the messy deal.
Lucy designed a strawberry and a unicorn, Maggie made a splatter paint design, and Jack painted a vampire.
And to add to the pumpkin parade, Maggie carved her large guy. {yes inside and yes it was a mess}
So here's to a rainy Halloween Eve and from what I've gathered a rainy Halloween tomorrow.






No comments:
Post a Comment