Saturday, October 12, 2019

Fall Break: Universal Studios

It's Fall Break ya'll and I am so glad I can say the world "break" and not be referring to a bone!

With two schools among three children this years timing was a little skewed.  But, we managed to squeeze in a long weekend to central Florida.  The kids got a visit to Universal Studios and I got a little beach time with family.  Win-win for all!

We arrived in Orlando late afternoon.  We allowed the kids to do a little swimming after we got checked into the hotel. We stayed at Cabana Bay Resort, not my favorite, but when you plan the trip a month out, you get what you get.  

The kids love the pool and the waterslide there and Clay and I loved relaxing pool side.





In hopes of turning in early, we traveled over to City Springs for a quick dinner and dessert.  Tomorrow was the big park day!



We checked out a few shops, ate at Jack's favorite restaurant, Bubba Gump, and had the tastiest donuts for dessert from Voodoo Doughnuts.




The next morning we were up and at 'em pretty early.



After grabbing a quick Starbucks we ran into this guy on the way to Harry Potter's Wizarding World. I was shocked I could still get my kiddos to take a picture with a costumed character.



We spent the majority of the day and into the evening bouncing between Hogwarts and Diagon Alley, which even after a second visit, still fascinate me.







Jack is still a huge Harry Potter fan so when he got "chosen" in Ollivander's Wand Shop it pretty much made the trip for him!  It was a super cool experience.






We checked out a few other areas of the park, ate dinner at Hard Rock Cafe {Maggie's Favorite} and then the girls and I headed back to the hotel for some well needed R & R.

The boys on the other hand made a full night of it!  They spent the evening at the park enjoying the spooky Halloween party.  It was legit spooky too...recommended for ages 12 plus.  We heard all about the haunted houses, monsters roaming the streets, and decorated rides the next day.  Ummm...no thank you!

A full day at an amusement park can wear you out, but Jack was ready to go the next morning.  I don't know how he pulled it off.  He did mention his throbbing feet a few times.  Nothing a water park can't cure, right?

So the kids have been begging to visit a water park, and as you may imagine, they generally just aren't my thing.  But since we were here and the weather was nothing short of amazing, I figured we could go for it.

We put on our suits and made the easy walk from our hotel to Volcano Bay.



I was pleasantly surprised by our half day visit.  I even rode a few slides with the littles!  Most of the time I was propped in my lawn chair watching the three of them splash around in the wave pool.  Volcano Bay has a great system where the kids scan their watches at the slides and then it notifies them when its time to ride...no waiting in line! It made for easy management of three kids.

After our wet fun, we packed up our room and hit the road.  We were on our way to my happy place...the beach!  And to make it even better, Uncle Jon, Aunt Bailee, and Brecken would be there to greet us!


No comments: