Sunday, October 27, 2019

Back To The Patch

I didn't know if we would make it back to Southern Belle Farms this year for our annual patch visit.  There were a few factors that played into my uncertainty.  One, holy moly, October weekends were filled to the rim this year.  And second, had my kiddos grown out of it?  Is that possible?  After last year I was questioning that.

So when I mentioned the patch this October, I got mixed responses.  A resounding yes, from my littlest, a maybe from the middle, and a no thank you from my oldest.  Hmmm...what to do?  So what could I do but offer to take Lucy on a mother daughter outing.  And what I thought would be pure joy, was a crest fallen face.  Lu did not want to go without her big sister and brother.  

After a sorrowful plea, Jack and Maggie caved and here you have it...maybe our last year to the patch as a family.  And I might note, the two bigs had a great time!




Every year that we visit, there seems to be some new improvement. This year it was the potato sack slide.   I was itching to take a trip down myself.  You know that looks fun.



And of courses, some old favorites... the cow train


the duck races...


the corn house...



 the corn maze...



the pig races....



the petting zoo...


and of course, I made the kids take a few pictures for nostalgia sake.




Our last stop was the patch.  This year it was lacking in the pumpkin department, but the kids managed to find a few.  White seemed to a big hit this year between the girls.  And Jack opted for a little guy...curious to see what he has in mind.  We also grabbed a few biggies, just in case.



Since the pumpkins were scarce, there really wasn't anywhere to take those infamous pumpkin patch pictures.  They are getting older so it seemed like an appropriate year to change things up.  How about this fence?




And one last stop at the country store to grab something for our favorite furry brother.


Thanks for another great visit Southen Belle...hoping it's not our last.


No comments: