After about a 2 and half hour drive, we made it to the beach! The girls wasted no time going to check out our beautiful back yard for the next two days....clothes and all!
We stayed at the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club, the same place Jon and Bailee were married. We couldn't help but reminisce and check out the special spots on the property where we had celebrated nearly 5 years ago.
The next morning we woke up to a gorgeous Florida day and headed over to see Uncle Jon and Aunt Bailee's new house. And with that new house came the cutest two year old ever! We got a tour and then took a golf cart ride over to their neighborhood pool. The weather was perfect and the company was superb.
I tried my best to get Brecken to take a picture with my kiddos, but like I said, he's two. We did get some giggles out of the experience though.
We let the little guy get his nap in while we headed back to our place on the beach. And since we couldn't take the family with us, we took their dogs instead. I was having some serious golden withdrawals, and Ruckus and Poppy helped to fill the void.
I honestly don't know who had more fun, the Cibula Kids or the pups. I'm so sorry Shelton, your turn is coming.
Come evening, also known as post toddler nap time, we all met back up for more beach play and dinner at the Inn. The restaurant was a short walk down the beach so we made plenty of stops to collect shells, splash in the waves, and admire the beautiful sunset.
And once again, this is about how well I did of getting a picture of Brecken and his cousins.
After a lovely evening with family, we all retired back to our own beds...dogs and all. The next morning was departure day, but we couldn't leave without making a trip down to Mickler Beach. The night before, Uncle Jon and Aunt Bailee gave us the scoop on an amazing shark tooth hunting spot. You better believe we were on it.
It was pretty unbelievable to see the shell beds on this beach. They went on forever and I can't even begin to imagine how many shells were actually there. It was a pretty awesome sight.
And although we only found one shark tooth, apparently we need Bailee's expertise-she is known as the expert, the experience was completely worth it.
So we did it..even with two schools and two different schedules, we managed to squeeze in a mini vacation. The kids had a blast and I loved having them all together {minus the occasional arguments😉).
Now back to reality and waiting on Fall.






















No comments:
Post a Comment