Saturday, February 23, 2019

We DIG Worms!

There is nothing I love more than being in the Kindergarten classroom.  This week I was Mystery Reader.  What does one do when Valentines Day is over and it's too early to celebrate St. Patricks's Day?  Hmmm...

So I took a look at the kiddo's current curriculum and there it was-dirt, soil, and rocks.  And before I knew it I was planning an activity all about those slimy little creatures who live there.

This kids had a blast and I was pretty impressed by not only my, but their ability to toughen up and shake of the oooohhy-gooey yuckiness of it!

I read two super cute books about worms and then you guessed it, each Kindergartner got their own worm to observe.  We watched them squirm and wiggle and even named them!







And because I couldn't these little cuties get out of there without a sweet treat, I boxed up some delish gummy worms for their dining pleasure.


As for the live buddies, they all went home in a small home of soil with strict instructions to release them into their real habitat at their house.  Lucy found a perfect spot in our flower bed to let her little guy go.



Oh the fun of Kindergarten!


No comments: