Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Back To School For Lu

It's Back To School For Lucy...finally!  That "finally" comes a whole month after her big siblings started.  If you know Lucy, she was itching to get back to school, see her friends, and play.  She is most definitely my social butterfly.  

Lucy and I went to orientation at her new school on Friday.  Yes, new school!  After much persuading last year, I finally caved.  And I'm so glad I did. The school could not be any sweeter.  

Lucy's meet and greet giddiness was absolutely contagious. We were both all smiles.  I am just so happy that she is happy!  The best feeling ever.  

She met her teachers, a few new friends, and checked out her new stomping grounds.  We are both trying to figure out the lay of the land and get all the procedures down.  So far I am full of questions and she is just rolling right along.


Lucy's new teachers seem pretty incredible from what I've seen thus far.  We were super thrilled to see Ms. H as the assistant.  She is a lovely lady who lives right in our neighborhood.



And I could hardly believe all the connections I had with Ms. M, the lead teacher.  It was certainly meant to be.


After a long Labor Day weekend {and many countdowns}, Lucy woke up Tuesday morning and was more than ready for her first day.  You think someone is excited? 



She had absolutely no problem posing for her first day pictures. So much so, I finally had to cut her off.  It wasn't easy.  Just look how beautiful {and totally silly} this doll baby is?









The house got quiet really quick this week.  I can't deny, it was pretty nice, but I also can't deny I missed my "Lucy Love" like crazy!

I may just be a blubbering mess next year....eeek!




No comments: