Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Tea For Lu

So here we go, the start to Lucy's Birthday Bonanza! 

Since Lucy's 5th birthday fell on a Wednesday this year I had to get a little creative.  In the past, she has either been in school or her siblings have been home, or she's been too young to notice.  This year, none of that was the case.  And there was no way we were letting this day slide by without some serious acknowledgment.

Per our usual birthday routine, we woke Lucy up with a camera, video and a Happy Birthday ditty.  Since Jack and Mags would be at school all day, I let them wake her before they left.  {It made for a long day, but completely worth Lu's joy}.

Good Morning Birthday Girl...you are 5!





All before the bigs left for school, we were able to wake Lucy, sing to her, and give her sibling gifts.  That is an eventful morning.



Once we got the siblings out the door, Lucy dined on her favorite breakfast...scrambled eggs and berries.


Next on the Birthday agenda was Tea for Lu.  Two Lu's if I'm being exact.  As a surprise I invited Lucy's very best friend, who happens to also be named Lucy, for a fancy Tea Party Lunch.



We all got dressed up in our finest frocks and hats and prepared for an afternoon of celebrating.




The girls and I first stopped to get our nails painted.  Because you know a lady must have beautiful fingernails for Tea.




Just look at those tiny little hands...💜



We then made the trek to Tea Leaves & Thyme.  I say trek, because it was not close, but completely worth it.



I can't say enough about this sweet little tea room.  They treated the Lu's like royalty and made every aspect of this birthday luncheon beyond special.



From real China....



...to the dress up room {where we had a hat change}



...to an overdose of sugar cubes, the entire  experience was just perfect.





The Mad Hatters Tea Platter was as just as darling {and delish} as the tea.  Each girl got to pick from the fruit and scones on the top, the tea sandwiches in the center, and the desserts on the bottom.






And as a culminating treat, our lovely waitress delivered brownie bites and a candle to the table for the birthday girl.  That's round two of "happy Birthday" if you are counting.


As if Lucy's "real" day couldn't get any better, she got to pick out her family birthday dinner come evening.  And guess what this fabulous 5 year old chose...Chick-fil-a.

I can't say I was much surprised by her choice, but I was surprised at how sweet Chick-fil-a made her dinner.  They comped her meal with dessert, the workers greeted her several times with Birthday wishes, and they gave her a gift card for a free milkshake.

From sunrise to sunset my Lucy had an incredible day of turning FIVE!  And to think the party isn't even over.  Get ready to rock out at the big birthday celebration this weekend!

From Lady Lu to Pop Star Lucy...here we go...


No comments: