Monday, August 7, 2017

Back 2 School For 2

We've spent the week prepping for the inevitable "Back To School" for two of three of my little Cibulas.  Lucy is making the big pre-school switch this year so she starts a whole month after Jack and Maggie.  She gets a few extra weeks with mama and her very own back to school post.

But on to the big kids.  We arrived Friday at school for their Meet and Greet.  This is always a must anticipated day.  So much so, I made them dress up...a little bit.



It was easy peasy for Maggie.  Ms. W looped this year and took her entire 1st grade class up to 2nd grade with her.  I was ecstatic, Maggie was ecstatic, and from what I can tell so was Ms. W.  She is for sure one of our FAVORITE teachers.  This will be our third year with her, as Jack was in her 1st grade class.  Needless to say, she's like family to us.

If you ask me, we hit the jackpot catching her on a looping year.


Next up, was Jack's 4th grade teacher.  I can hardly stand that my first born is in 4th grade!  What happened?

So Mrs. C is a new teacher to the school and I was hoping, wishing, and praying Jack would end up right there in her classroom.  She is a dear friend of Maggie's Kindergarten teacher and somehow I felt like I already knew her.  I can already tell Mrs. C is going to be a perfect match for Jack...and me.

Just look at this cuteness that was waiting for him on his desk.  {And in Ms. W's defense, she had something equally as darling for Maggie, but it was snatched up before I could grab a picture.}




It felt great to be back in the halls and see all the familiar faces.  I just adore our elementary school.  On our way out we spotted our family brick that we purchased last year in honor of the new building.  Another wave of giddiness.  I just love how it turned out.



Before we knew it, it was Monday morning.  Rise and Shine kiddos...it's back to school for two!






And of course, we never arrive empty handed.  Jack and Maggie both picked out the same treat for their classmates.  Every kid needs a pencil and who doesn't love emojis? Obviously, these are Maggie's.  Jack's were the same with "4th Grade".

{Lucy picked out a set for her friends too.  I promise to share on her first day.}


If you can believe this, I cried my eyes out when these two walked out the door.  It just doesn't seem to get any easier.  Then I waited for my littlest Lu to wake up.  Thank goodness for one more year left with her.  Can you imagine the basket case I'll be next year?  Geez, let's not even think about it.

Until then, I have a feeling this is going to be a GREAT year!






No comments: