What is Christmas without The Nutcracker?
After taking Maggie for the first time last year, I just knew it had to be added to our seasonal traditions. She raved about the performance for what seemed like months, she coveted her autographed program, and secretly danced the Nutcracker in her room. She was absolutely mesmerized.
I decided to "risk it" and add Lucy to our new tradition this year. And if you really think about it, it truly was a risk. I mean she is only 4 years old, the show is near 2 hours, and the dancers don't even talk or sing. Eeek!
Sometimes the risk is well worth the reward, and thank heavens, it just so happened to work out that way. Lucy was. absolutely. enamored. I mean in complete awe, glued to the show, and over the moon about meeting the dancers. I am so happy Maggie and I decided to give "Tea for Two" a try.
Just like last year, I picked the Sunday afternoon show with the Plum Fairy Tea and Meet and Greet. And once again, it exceeded our expectations.
The girls, robed in their finest fancy dress, piled their plates high with a never ending assortment of sweets. Lu even threw an egg salad tea sandwich on her plate {that girl is seriously addicted to egg salad}. A southern girl after my heart....next thing you know it will be sweet tea and country music just like her mama.
After Tea Time, we headed into the theatre to get our programs and meet the dancers.
And just as I expected, the girls were star struck by the beautiful ballerinas.
We met dancer after dancer and oohed and ahhhed over their glittered costumes. Our last stop was another visit with Santa. That was an added bonus we weren't expecting.
The best part was taking a seat in the theatre with our friends. My girls adore the "big" Micca girls, our dear family friends.
From there on, it was stone faced stares at the stage. Maggie and Lucy didn't move a muscle as they watched the show. Not even a bathroom break until intermission...quit impressive for Lucy{especially after she downed three cups of Sugar Plum punch}.
On the way home, the girls reminisced about their favorite parts of the show, how much they loved it, and the beautiful ballerinas. But, the best part was Lucy's exaggerated and emotional..."I just loved the Nutcracker Mommy!", "Can we go every time?".
As you can imagine there have been several pseudo "Nutcracker" performances at our house this week.
Loving the season around here!












No comments:
Post a Comment