Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Showtime

'Tis the season for holiday shows and apparently the stomach bug.

Excuse my lengthy absence during this festive season.  But after finally getting through my second sinus infection this Fall, the dreaded bug came to our house.

As I watched the students and teachers drop like flies at the big's elementary school over the past few weeks, I just knew we were on borrowed time around here.  All I asked is that it came and went before Christmas Day.  I've got some good news and bad news.  The bad news is...I got it...and let me tell you it was not pretty.  {I suppose that's what I get for over volunteering}

Good news? Well, as of date all my littles are still standing {and hubby too}.  Gotta wonder how that happens.

But in an effort to keep things that way, I have fully sanitized my house.  Bleached and Lysol'ed every nook and cranny AND...am keeping the bigs out of school for the last two days before winter break.  I am not playing around.

But, before all that loveliness hit Momma Bear, I was able to squeeze in a few showtimes with my girls.

The first being, Trolls the Movie.


Can I just say...cutest movie ever!  Totally exceeded my expectations, because, honestly I was not expecting much.  I hopped out of that theatre with a little pep in my step and a song in my heart.  So much fun.

But, not nearly as darling as a local theatre's presentation of Madeline's Christmas.  With or without the girls, this is getting added to my Christmas traditions list.  I'm a huge Madeline fan...and I adore kiddos.  So with a cast of 12 little girls and only 3 adults, I was loving every moment.



We followed the show with a meet and greet and autograph session.  I could have just eaten Madeline up...she was a doll.  Lucy was in complete awe and adored meeting the girls.  She was front and center to get her copy of the book signed.

{iPhone pics ahead as I'm sure you assumed}






Maggie hung back, clinging on to me for dear life, but was just as fascinated.  She even announced that she would like to be in the show one day.  Big girls are the bomb!

Grandma also joined us for the show and an afternoon girly luncheon.  So much precious fun.  


Little did Grandma {or I} know that she was about to get a lot more of these sweet things in the days to come.  Thankfully she swooped in and rescued the kiddos from our germ ridden house when I came down with the bug.

The kids spent the next couple days with Grandma while I pretty much died at home.  She even had to stand in for me at school Christmas parties.  I was pretty much devastated to miss out.  Ugh!

But they all had fun and needless to say, there will not be a blog post on how those went this year.

However, stay tuned for all the Christmas merriment up ahead.  Tomorrow our house will begin to fill up with holiday guests...I can't wait!


No comments: