We had a Grand time in the kitchen this Christmas Eve Eve. Yes, the baking was great fun {still one of Maggie's favorite Christmas traditions}, but we got to do it with my Grandma, and as my littles like to call her...GG. It seriously can't get anymore GRAND that that.
I would be remiss if I didn't mention, for at least the umpteenth time, that I adore my Grandma and that some of my best childhood memories are in the kitchen with her. I love that my kiddos get to experience it too.
So while GG managed the organized chaos and Maggie assigned jobs and positions for everyone, I got to sit back and revel in the sweetness of it all. {And then I was gifted with the clean up job.}
I'd like to think that Maggie will never grow out of Christmas cookie baking. She still wears a giant smile {and a ponytail per her request} through the whole process.
My sweet Lucy is fighting another cold, so in between bouts of coughing and sneezing {yum, huh?}, she was right in the middle of the fun. All the while doing her best to follow Maggie's orders....pony tail and all.
And this my friends is something I NEVER want to forget...bet you wish you had one of these💚

The girls and GG mixed, rolled and cut the morning away.
While the cookies baked, Maggie led us in a round of Christmas caroling. And she even let me record it...what?!?!? My girl is growing up!
Before long it was time to decorate...a fan favorite!
And look who showed up just in time for the decorating part? And proceeded to down a spoonful of icing...some things never change.
As if the day weren't GRAND enough...look who showed up just in time for cookies? Grammy! I mean can this Christmas get any better?
The big EVE is tomorrow! Lots of giddy folks around here.















No comments:
Post a Comment