Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Closet Dancer

After much persuasion and coaxing, I finally convinced Maggie to sign up for a dance class.  

Now trust me, I'm not all about pushing kids to do every activity under the sun.  But...Maggie was seriously becoming a closet dancer.  I would find her behind closed doors busting a move, in the playroom blaring music, and boogieing all around.  As soon as I peeked her way...she would stop mid-beat.

I just knew I had to get this little one on a dance floor with real life instruction.  I could go on and on about all the "talks" and the "tours" and the "meetings" we had before she finally conceded.  But, that is all behind us now.  Because, guess what?...Maggie LOVES dance class!

I mean, truly with all her heart, is passionate about it.  I am so thrilled for her.  However, we are still very up in the air about whether she will be performing in the end of the year recital, but I have my fingers crossed.

Maggie's instructor is a former Rockette and Miss South Carolina pageant winner and let me tell you, she means business.  Mrs. S gives the parents one opportunity a semester to observe class.  I have been waiting in great anticipation for my day and it finally came!

I was hesitant to see how Maggie would perform with my eyes on her, but to my pleasant surprise, she did FABULOUS!  And she even knew I was taking pictures and video of her...huge for this little one.  

{and excuse the quality of my iPhone pics...Ms. S does not allow a flash during class}












Just look at my Closet Dancer...woo hoo!  So proud of this girl!




No comments: