Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Good Morning NINE

Oh my, I know I say this every year, but how in the world did my baby boy turn 9 years old?  Can't the Growing-Up madness just stop?!

Although, I was just about sick to my stomach over Jack turning another year older he has been beyond excited.  The countdown has been on and come this morning it finally HAPPENED!  Jack really turned 9 big fat years old.

Seeing as how it was a school morning, Daddy and I popped in belting "Happy Birthday to You" only to find a snoozing birthday boy.



It didn't take long before he was up and at 'em showing of his new #9.



I carted the kiddo off to school to celebrate his big day with his classmates.  They were headed on a field trip so it wasn't such a bad way to spend a school birthday.

However when he got home the party started.  {and if you are wondering why he has the same shirt on as when he woke up, don't bother asking, it's not even worth the explanation}

So as a preamble to his real birthday party, the girls showered Jack with gifts.  {his gift from mommy and daddy are always his over the top parties, because let's be honest, we know they aren't cheap}



Somehow the girls knew just what he wanted {couldn't have been that wish list he wrote, made 10 copies of, and spread through out the house...hmmm} and he was mighty grateful for it all.






Come dinner I cooked up his requested Birthday dinner.  Get ready for this...fried shrimp and cantaloupe.  So believe it or not, that's what we had for dinner.  I have to admit, he made it pretty easy on me.

We sang to the big boy again {this time he was awake} and devoured the chocolate cake Lucy had made him earlier in the day.


Another year down and a lot more to go...

xoxo to my smart, energetic, artistic, loving, passionate, and strong birthday boy!  we love you more than you will ever know...smooches!


No comments: