Thursday, April 21, 2016

Campers

Camp Jack was a great success.  I know I had a great time {although severely exhausted for at least two days post}.  I have to assume the boys had just as much fun.  They were busy and totally digging the outdoors.

Before the campers arrived, I made sure to grab just a couple shots of Jack on the camp site.  I just knew once the crew arrived I'd be lucky if I saw more than just a blur of him racing by.  I was right.  Luckily I was able to use this opportunity for a few family pics too.








The first camper to arrive just so happened to be the son of one my besties from Teacher Appreciation Week.  I am so thankful her hubby forced us to get a few pics tougher.  These are some of my fave...so fun!




The outtakes are even funnier, but I will spare you.  I can pretty much guarantee I had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard.  Good times.

But on to the campers...

So for the sake of organization, how about I do this in order of the actual party schedule?  Remember this?



5:00- 5:30 Camper Crafts








5:30-6:00 Creek Hike

We just so happen to have a creek behind our house and I just so happen to have a husband brave enough to take 9 boys on a mile hike down it.







I loved the improv shoe drying station post hike.



6:00-6:30  Grub Served/Birthday Cupcakes

The boys cooked their own hotdogs and had a blast doing it.  All the other sides were prepared by the counselors.









Happy Birthday Jack!





6:30-7:00 S'mores Roast

{as if they hadn't had enough sweets}







7:00-7:30 Flashlight Tag/ Canoe Photo Booth

Can't say I grabbed too many pictures of Flashlight Tag {actually none}, but the canoe photo booth is way more entertaining.  I was shocked how the boys took to this and had a great time doing so.









7:30-9:00  Campfire Movie

Come dark we set up the projector and popped in, none other, than Ernest Goes to Camp.  The boys thought it was hilarious and I thought their comments were hilarious.  Like "why are their shorts so short?".  You gotta love that!






9:00 Lanterns Off

{not quite...but I tried}


Happy Birthday to the most adventurous boy I know!  We adore you and your outdoorsy, tree climbing, sweaty, playing in the dirt, and running crazy ways.   xoxo Jack

Thank you to all the campers who attended Camp Jack...we had a camp-tastic time celebrating with you!




No comments: