Monday, March 7, 2016

The End Of The Rainbow

Although we are not Irish, we can't help but want to find some sort of treasure at the End of the Rainbow.  My kids get the biggest kick out of leprechauns, gold, and rainbows that I just can't let this holiday pass without some form of celebrating.

{I'm always looking for a reason.}

We are pulling out the green and passing out treats a bit early this year.  I just can't stand the fact that St. Patrick's Day is almost on top of Easter.  I fear my Easter decor won't get it's due time.  So that leads me to push St. Patty's day up a bit.

So shall I share what we have in store for our classmates and terrific teachers?

Now don't get too excited, it is just St. Patrick's Day after all, but none the less a reason to show a few special folks just how LUCKY we are to know them...

Please don't laugh {or judge}, but when I spotted these festive St. Patty's Day socks I knew they were perfect.  It's really not easy finding an appropriate leprechaun day treat.  Surely you admit, it's better than a coffee mug?

Not to mention, they were straight from the $1 section.  Can't beat that.  I wrapped them up, tied a cute tag on and think they make a nice gesture.  If anything, the teachers can wear them with their boots or to bed, right?





For the classmates, it seems candy is always the way to their hearts.  I really wanted to think outside of the "candy box" but when my kids saw these it was over.  Thanks to the Oriental Trading catalog.  I was already placing an order for Jack's birthday party so it seemed like a no brainer.

We printed these cute labels on sticker paper and Jack, Maggie, and Lucy got to work.  Easy peasy!  And they had fun doing it.




So now all I have left to do is make a St. Patty's day breakfast table {that everyone likes} and a very green lunch for three kiddos.  Wish me LUCK! {I do have a week or so to think it through}.


No comments: