Friday, March 4, 2016

Hello March

How did this happen?...well, Hello March!  I swear we just got back from our skiing vacation and here I am already into a new month and I've hardly touched base via the blog.

Don't mistake that for a reprieve in things 'happening" around here.  I have been so {happily} busy working on Teacher Appreciation Week for the elementary school that I've lost track of days and weeks for that matter.  It has literally been like planning one of my kids birthday parties only 5 of them in one week.  Talk about work!

Huge shout out to my co-planners though, couldn't have a more fun, hardworking, creative, budget keeping two ladies to work with.  Love ya both!  I'm pretty sure they are my new besties.

Other than that, Jack's birthday has been swirling around in my mind.  Piles are emerging and I am so ready to tackle it.  I'm thinking it's going to be a fun one!  Can't wait...

Gotta get through Teacher Appreciation Week {TAW} first...can't wait too share pics of that week. Hold onto your "gardening" hats, it's right around the corner.

So here I am to say Happy March!  What a great month.  I love it for two very important reasons... {1} Spring is on the horizon.  I'm looking forward to putting the boots away, throwing the kids outside to play in the beautiful weather, and soaking up a little sunshine.  Vitamin D works wonders for my moods.  And {2} Dr. Seuess's birthday! I mean who doesn't love that day/week?

As you can imagine, 2nd grade had a few themed dress up days but nothing too spectacular.  I suppose they were too busy taking tests and getting grades.  Blah Blah Blah.  But....my Kindergarten kiddo had an action packed themed week of story times, dress ups, Seuss-tastical snacks, and fun.

If you have been anywhere in the vicinity of me in the past month or so, all you've heard about is TAW.  I'm sorry for that.  But, I must mention it, once again, and put all the blame there on why I'm a little short on Dr Seuss week pics.  And to make matters worse, they are all off my phone...gasp!

But, any picture of Maggie the Great Kindergartener is worth sharing, at least in my humble opinion.

What would Dr Seuss week be without Wacky Wednesday?  I was pleasantly surprised that Maggie actually wanted to participate in this.  This is against all her "fashionista" being.  But, she embraced it fully had a great time picking out her wacky attire.


 She even played the part a bit.



My favorite part of the week was when I got to pop in the classroom for a Dr Seuss lesson.  You must know how much I adore being in that K classroom.

We did a fun Lorax lesson {love that book} and I had each of the kids plant seeds in a pot they decorated to look like the Lorax himself.

I must also note it was PJ day hence Maggie's attire.  I would also assume that is why this class full of K kiddos was wired!




We topped of the week with dressing like a Dr Seuss character.  I rambled off several options for Maggie and in the end she wanted to wear Jack's old "Wocket In The Pocket" costume.  I was really looking forward to giving another look a whirl.  But she insisted.

I'm assuming it was because she could don a pair of leggings with it.  That is Maggie's new go to style.  I can't lie it kills me somedays.  How I miss a fun pair of ruffle pants!


I'm almost embarrassed to share these lack luster pictures, but they will have to do until I get through this next BIG week.  My good camera is getting dusty...oh my!

Happy March...and Dr Seuss week!




No comments: