What is summer without at least one trip to the farm? Somewhere in between missing Jack {LIKE CRAZY!} the girls and I made a visit to the ranch. We grabbed a few friends and were on our way.
Although this was not the original farm on our summer calendar, we made a last minute alteration to our itinerary when our first choice was closed. {Ugh...the best laid plans} I'm pretty sure the girls didn't even notice. They were just so excited to have a few ranch hands to join them.
The most amazing thing about this ranch is that the animals are hungry and we get to fill their bellies. It makes up for the stinch and the filth...I think.
I mean seriously, how often do you get to hand feed carrots to a deer?
Or throw peanuts to four hungry black bears?
Or give a goat a graham cracker?
This little crew had great fun. I assume this a day that Jack won't be too upset about missing considering it was a group full of girls. Look at all that pink!
We ended our visit with bunny petting and lunch by the playground. We made sure not to touch the bunnies ears per Lucy's insistent rule. I'm not quite sure where that came from...but, she must know something that we don't.
She also took on the important duty of naming this bunny. Wait for it...Snowflake. Certainly fitting.
Okay, so now I'm off to stalk Jack's camp website in search for pictures of him. I don't think I can stand another day of him being gone. And luckily, I don't have to. He will be home tomorrow!
I never imagined it would be this hard. I may change my mind on this, but as of right now, my kids are NEVER allowed to move out...










No comments:
Post a Comment