And although I am confident in the decision...and realize it's only five nights...and know that he is going to be just fine...and grow immensely from this experience...and blah blah blah, I can't help but miss him like crazy already.
Like the minute we pulled out of the gates.
But, before then, this is basically how it went down...
We arrived to the all boy's camp, way up in the woods, on a mountain, late Sunday morning. The first day was Family Day and I am forever grateful for that. We got checked in in a series of the most organized registration I have ever witnessed. {and you know how organization makes my heart flutter}
The staff was incredible. Beyond welcoming and I felt they had a true interest in getting to know Jack. Once given our cabin number and tribe name we headed up to get this big boy settled in.
Jack immediately grabbed a top bunk which to my dismay was a bear to put sheets on. His best buddy from school grabbed the bottom. It seems they had this all planned out.
But...not before I made Jack and his buddy take a few pictures for nostalgia's sake.
We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging on the lake and eating lunch. Lucy loved the "river". Maggie wasn't so sure hence the dry hair.
The boys made sure to give the zip line {which ran right into the lake} and the ginormous slide a try. They were having a grand time.
Before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye. I returned Jack to his cabin, showed him where his things were one more time {just in case} and gave him a bazillion hugs. After each hug I think he was just a little more ready for us to head out...enough already!
Honesty, he could hardly contain his excitement. He was beyond thrilled about what was in store. It was time to let him go.
So it's only been one full day that I haven't seen him {but it seems much longer}. I can hardly stand the curiosity of what he is doing and if he's enjoying himself. I've already written him twice. I check the website for updated pictures at least three times a day. And yes, I miss him like crazy!
I keep telling myself...you can do this...only 4 more days. And the great news is when I wake up, it will be only three.
Until then I will keep thinking of him every minute of every day.








No comments:
Post a Comment