Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Peek At Our Week

I feel like summer has actually arrived.  Even though all three kiddos have been out of school now a whole eleven plus days, this week they were finally all mine.  No "warm up to summer" camp {which is just absolutely crazy to even comprehend that such a thing would be needed}....just three little ones and a Mommy.  I loved it!

So ironically our first activity of the summer only involved two of the three aforementioned kids.  I debated and wrestled with it and in the end logic won out.  This just wasn't the place for a two year old.  As much as it pained me, Lucy stayed home and had a ball with a sitter and a playdate.  

I only regretted my decision for about half a minute upon arrival at the Gold Mine.  Once we hit the cold, wet, dungeonous cave I knew I had chosen wisely.

So with that being said, my big kids and I headed out of town to get rich!  We met a few friends along the way and although we didn't strike it big, we had a grand time.  One of the best parts about summer is reuniting with the Micca crew.  Jack and Sophia have been the best of friends since before they could even sit on their own.  Some things just never change...




We started our visit panning for gold.  Yikes, that is tedious work.  I don't believe I would have been of much use back in the Gold Rush.  Each of our little miners left with a tiny nugget or two of gold in a test tube.  They were elated.



Next up was the cave tour.  This was about the only picture I got in there.  I was freezing and it was super dark.  Totally worth the experience though.



Our visit was topped off with gem mining.  This was by far the highlight of the trip for the kids.  We opted for the $30 bucket of gems and Jack and Mags split it.  It was a big ol' thing filled with sand and gems with two scoops.  I can't imagine what the $100 bucket would have looked like.

Jack most definitely scored big on this one because Maggie would only keep the pink and purple gems.  Anything else she sifted out she passed on to big brother.  He was in awe of the "snowflake obsidian" and "jasper"...seriously, how does he know these things?  I had to go check the chart a few times to question his knowledge.  Sure enough that kid was right on.




The rest of the week was spent knocking other items off of our Summer Lists and just plain enjoying summer.  All of which happily included Lucy.

Maggie has been dying to wash my car.  I set up a bucket, bubbles, and a towel and let her go to town.  I'm not sure I would say my car is cleaner per se, but she had a blast.  Her siblings ran around the yard chasing each other with the hose.

Some good summer fun.



We also squeezed in a Zoo visit  this week {along with a morning at Monkey Joes...which I loathe so I conveniently forgot my camera}.  However, the zoo was for sure camera worthy.

Can you imagine if I had missed this moment?  Sigh...pure sweetness.



Or this?

Pinch me, are these really my kids?  I adore them!!...let's just hope I'm still whistling that tune by summer's end.





Oh and guess who took the day off to hang with us?  Such a pleasant surprise!  We were all loving it.



The girls and I headed to the Petting Zoo while the boys went to the new Reptile House.  Have I ever mentioned my complete irrational rational fear of snakes?  I can not, for the life of me, figure out who found it necessary to spend money on a house for snakes.  Uck!



Luckily, I got to hang with these furry things {and two darling girls} instead.


I can't imagine the summer getting any better.  I am feeling very optimistic about the months to come.    Please...please...please...let these three keep getting along...




No comments: